PC Specs for Overwatch

I want to build my PC starting November in for OVERWATCH specifially. Can any computer whiz help me build said said PC for the game? I have the money to buy the equipment. I’ll offer my Discord for direct messaging.

This includes monitors (I want two), mousepad, mouse, and keyboard.

any decent graphics can get you the 60fps
if u want to go cheap get a GTX960

I want more than 60fps. I have been drooling over the streamers who have 144+

What is your budget?

I’ll find out at the end of next month! I recently got my job and I’m only 19 and living with my mom. So I only pay my phone and internet bill. I’ll have plenty of money if I save up.

What would you consider “plenty”? over 1000?

Yes! If I save up until November!

1 Like

Can you give even a ballpark estimate?

You’re going to get some very different suggestions based on price range. An $800 PC is going to be worlds different than a $2500 one.

I cant get +200 FPS with Nividia 960 and Ryzen 5 1600 on low

i7 7700k + 1050ti +16 gb ram (2400) = 120 fps with stream through nvenc (all settings are low)
same setup with 1070ti = 180-200 fps (stream on)
w/o stream and 1070ti 250 fps average (low settings)

1 Like

144fps is easy to achieve. U don’t need the best gpus for that. Even a gtx 1660ti wil do fine. Run the game on low settings and i bet u can hit 240.

1 Like

Then I should have waited until the end of next month! I just want ideas so I can save up and buy them.

Watch the video
It’s really good

I’ll have to watch it when the data rolls over next month!

My set up:
16.0 GB RAM
3 x 250gb SSD drives and 2TB HDD drive
i7-6800k CPU @ 3.40GHz
GTX 1070 8GB RAM
144 HZ monitor

But, if you have the money you could get a better graphics card and processor.

1 Like

thats absolutely useless and a waste.
but that’s your choice
get a gtx1060ti 6gb

1 Like

1070 can get you 144+ (run mostly everything on high, some stuff low like shadows and some lighting cuz the sun blinds you on some maps) but ill seeing how the 2070 is like a little bit more it’s like why not. but u should prob get a little better just to future proof it and see if a 2080/2080TI is worth it for you. or you can go cheaper and go for the 10 series like the 1070.

ryzen 3rd gen is said to be good (cheap for performance) but u can get intel if u want. try and get a monitor on sale (maybe black friday with the 144+ frames you want) and same with keyboard and mouse.

they had logitech ones on sale for prime week, got a g502 for like 30$

i also get 1 SSD for fast boot/games to load quick
and (for me) i got 4 tb hard drive for like story games/other stuff so i dont run out of space. dont really need a fast load into story games.

1 Like

As a reminder, here are the recommended system requirements for Overwatch:

Also I have a guide with key tips to build a custom rig for the best possible Overwatch experience here:

1 Like

Thank you very much!