[PC] Patch 1.30.0.1 Hero Gallery Bug - Can't Rotate Character and Weapon Display

After the latest patch to date (1.30.0.1), I now have an issue with Hero Gallery that I previously did not have: I am unable to rotate character and weapon display in the in-game gallery. In other words, I am unable to view character skins and weapons in 360 degree, which should not be a case. I did not have this issue before the latest patch. I uninstalled the entire game and reinstalled it, and it still did not solve the problem. This is a PC version. Please fix this issue. Thank you in advance for your attention and time on this matter.

P.S. This seems to be a case for a selective few. Some of my friends have the same issue while some others do not. Furthermore, the same issue exists with skins under the Overwatch League tab as well.

18 Likes

I also have this problem. Canā€™t rotate characters or weapons to look at their skins. Only started on patch 1.30.0.1 on PC

3 Likes

I am having the exact same issue as these two have reported on PC, and only since the recent Ashe update.

1 Like

I have the same issue. Hope they fix it.

1 Like

Bump, same issue! No response to my ticket either.

1 Like

I also have the same issue as i canā€™t rotate my hero

2 Likes

I learned from someone else and can confirm one way to fix this issue is to reset your controls settings under Options.

I still recommend that Blizzard address this issue in a more permanent manner, so that users donā€™t have to resort to this method every time it happens.

3 Likes

Yep, the same problem here.

Reset your controls to default WILL FIX YOUR ISSUE.

This is also a really, really crappy fix for people that have a ton of custom binds set. There are easily hundreds of possible tweaks between all the characters and no easy way to save and restore bindings.

Ideally Blizzard would patch this in a way that doesnā€™t require a reset of bindings.

1 Like

I did some testing on this and put it in a technical support ticket. My response was that the guy who looked at it could duplicate it, but he was the wrong person to fix it, and told me to post it in the forums. Hereā€™s the data.

Setting any of the four movement commands, forward, left, right, or back, to the Left Mouse Button disabled Hero Rotation in the gallery. Manually setting the directional control back to its previous setting DID NOT fix the rotation problem, but resetting controls to default did.

Setting any of the four movement controls to LMB it didnā€™t say that LMB had been unset from the primary fire control.

Setting other controls to LMB didnā€™t break rotation, and DID automatically unset it from Primary Fire. Setting Right Mouse Button to any of those controls did not duplicate the Hero Rotation problem.

Iā€™m hoping a DEV sees this, and can dig out the cause of this change.

4 Likes

This makes sense as rotation of hero gallery models is likely conflicting with clicking of the left mouse button. Huge proactive contribution to solving this issue. Thank you.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sadly still dealing with it and have a LOT of custom keybindings that I really, REALLY donā€™t want to have to rework again. It makes me wonder why this hasnā€™t been fixed, yet.

2 Likes

All they need to do is add clickable GUI buttons to rotate models and suddenly itā€™s a minor bug instead of a major one.

This is really frustrating. I have so many custom hero bindings, I donā€™t want to refix all of them. I really hope they can fix it, or even add the option to switch the key for rotation in to the settings so that this sort of thing wouldnā€™t happen.

1 Like

I update here that Patch 1.33.0.1 (i.e., the Paris map release) has NOT fixed this issue, despite what the patch notes state in regard to Hero Gallery bug fixes. After I temporarily ā€œfixedā€ the rotation problem by resetting controls settings, which took a long time because I have a lot of custom keybindings, the bug returned yet again. This time, I purposely waited to see if Blizzard would address the issue in a more permanent manner. I can confirm that I am still unable to rotate models in Hero Gallery and Overwatch League skins. This tells me the bug has to do with something more than just ā€œMouse 1 button being bound to a keybind in the Miscellaneous section,ā€ which was never a situation for me in the first place.

2 Likes

As Zigzag stated, this problem is NOT fixed. Also, if you have been using Custom controls that have caused this problem, specifically using LMB for a movement control DO NOT UNBIND! The patch introduced a limitation preventing binding LMB to a movement control, which means if you used this before, and unbind, you wonā€™t be able to get it back. Trying to adjust back to defaults has proven, at this time, too painful for me to continue. Iā€™m actually not playing for a bit, hoping they get this really fixed, or at least let me bind LMB where I want it.

1 Like

This is really annoying. I canā€™t seem to get it to work and itā€™s just frustrating as hell.

1 Like

Once again, I update here that Patch 1.34.0.1 (the Baptiste release) has NOT fixed this issue yet. I am still unable to rotate models (skins and weapons) of any hero in Hero Gallery and Overwatch League skins.

1 Like

I can confirm that this works!

1 Like