(PC) Cant Talk in Game

Everything is set to default, i can use Discord fine. but i cant talk in game, everytime i hit the push to talk i hear it come on but no one can hear me.

I’m having the same problem, no microphone in competitive for 2 weeks is Very annoying. been working with livechat for 2 days trying to solve it, nothing has worked.

Hello gang!

Sorry to hear you’re having issues with voice chat… the major factors, I’ve found, are firewall configuration and, in Windows 10, some settings relating to whether a microphone is classified as a comms device or not.

With the voice chat tech we’re using, it’s very important to configure your Windows software firewall, because voice chat is transmitted over some specific ports. It’s important to configure TCP as well as UDP ports for Overwatch. You can refer to this article for instructions:

Configuring Router and Firewall Ports

Some special instructions not included in the article…

After selecting the TCP radio button, copy-paste the following line for the Specific Local Port field:

80, 443, 1119

After finishing the TCP rule, make a new rule following the steps, but select UDP instead of TCP. Then, for those Specific Local Ports, copy-paste this:

3478-3479, 5060, 5062, 6250, 12000-64000

Then, here are the assortment of device settings to check.

Make sure Exclusive Mode is disabled:

1. Right-click the speaker icon in the system tray and select Recording Devices.
  2. Select your device and click Properties.
  3. Select the Advanced Tab.
  4. Uncheck any boxes in the Exclusive Mode section.

Ensure apps are able to utilize the mic:

1. Hit Windows key and type settings.
  2. Go to the Settings app.
  3. Click Privacy.
  4. Under the Microphone category, toggle “Let apps use my microphone” off and then back on.

Change how Windows behaves when it detects communications devices:

1. Hit Windows key and type sound.
  2. Go to the Sound options.
  3. Click the Communications tab.
  4. For the setting “When Windows detects communications activity”, set it to “Do nothing”.

In conjunction with the above step, in-game you can go to Audio settings and try toggling your voice chat device between Default Devices or Comms Devices.

Best of luck in your adventures :slight_smile:

1 Like