PC and Console cross play

does console OW supports gyro? if not then instead of aimassist you should ask bliz to implement gyro aiming

Their objective was not to merge console with pc players for make them playing togheter in the best way. They simply had a haemorrhage of players, a game in a state of abandonment in which they have long ago established that they do not want to invest more, and they simply put a piece in a rough way to streamline the queues a minimum and give a sop to the community for to show that there is development and to appease the spirits.

Open your eyes, the overwatch teamā€™s only priority is to get us out of the game without creating too much scandal.

Tbh Iā€™m a PC player and wouldnā€™t care in the world if console players had aim-assist, it would make console players on your team less detrimental and just be smoother for everyone and at the end of the day, itā€™s only the casual game modes anyway, sure it would upset some PC players but I generally think the Pros outweigh the Cons here

4 Likes

The Switch version does, but as everyone has made clear, Switch is not the best way to play because of the frame rate issues that still havenā€™t been fixed for 7 months. I still play switch because I enjoy the gyro aiming with the controller layout and the fps drops donā€™t hurt my gameplay much (Iā€™m used to playing games with crappy frame rates so I always end up compensating for that).

Some of us have been playing with a controller on PC in comp since the beginning though :sunglasses:

Quite the contrary, no one wants to go into comp with a consoler millstone around their necks.

Itā€™s more about the fact that accounts are free and unlimited on console that is the question.

1 Like

Except on switch. For this to work you would have to buy another switch online membership. That is assuming you havenā€™t gotten the family membership, in which case this is true.

Thereā€™s what, 30 people on Switch right now?

That you know of. Granted most are kids (I know this because itā€™s one of the reasons why I muted vc), but there are more switch players than youā€™d think.

The point is we donā€™t get as many smurfs compared to the other consoles. At least, thatā€™s what Iā€™ve seen.

1 Like

:joy:
Nani the heck am I even reading?

They were excluded from the competitive gamemode because having console players on your team is a massive liability for your gameplay overall. The team that would have them would probably lose as likely as youā€™re likely to lose a 5v6 and that would tilt the players out of the planet. I know that if I went to play competitive and just lost to having console teammates that I would mald super hard and complain somewhere about it while probably quitting the game out of principle and pretty much every passionate PC player would do this until they would be coerced into removing it because players would start doing the same stuff they did when they were forced to play Paris/HLC: Systematically leave matches to avoid playing horrible games and take seasonal penalties just because of it and after meeting the threshold just buy a bunch of alt accounts and heck with the entire ladder system just to get a massive kick out of it

Besides any game with aim assist enabled while having crossplay is garbage on the competitive side. Not to mention theyā€™re all plagued by PC players tricking the system into thinking that theyā€™re playing on a controller while playing on a keyboard which then enables aim assist for them while theyā€™re playing on PC. This can be done in a way where theyā€™d never have a chance of detecting it

1 Like

Honestly, Iā€™ve just spent 4 months trying to adjust to controller without aim assist and idk how you guys do it. It just wasnā€™t possible for me. Maybe itā€™s because you never had aim assist in the first place so the lack of it didnā€™t affect you, but my God, having aim assist for 5 years and then suddenly not having it has been an insurmountable obstacle for me. :persevere:

1 Like

Failing to see a negative here. Poor sports getting butthurt is the biggest win, imo.

It just takes practice?

Honestly before they even considered pc/console cross play I had to take the aim assist off on console, because it was actually messing up my shots. Same thing for actual fps games, I always end up turning aim assist off, because it just makes shooting worse when its trying to compensate for peoples connections.

Sometimes shots go where enemies are at that moment, other times shots go where they were one or two seconds ago. Sometimes the aim assist is trying to track an enemy BEHIND the one Iā€™m actually aiming at, be they a foot away from my target, or coming back from their spawn.

Gonna be honest, as a PC player I dread getting console players on my team as it never ends well. Youā€™ve got 2 console players (once I had 4) on your team and the enemy team has 0 and they usually win.

I wish I could opt out.

You ever see people keyboard turning in WoW? Thatā€™s what it looks like console players are doing. Their actions and reactions are so slow.

Even if it is ā€œjust qpā€ itā€™s not a good time. I shouldnā€™t have to play comp just to avoid playing with console players.

3 Likes

And most PC players have been playing with controller users in comp since launch

Yeah true. Itā€™s gotten to the point for me that if I see my team has console players and the enemy team has 0 console players I nope right on out of there and find a different match. Itā€™s seriously that bad.

3 Likes

Because then ppl use aim assist with K&M

We donā€™t want cheaters in our PC games.

Unfortunately. I used to enjoy playing on my train home on the switch. But now I canā€™t other consoles can do moreā€¦ making the game faster, and now I donā€™t touch it, itā€™s a shame it was a slower more laid back version of the game, now itā€™s all super try hardy.

1 Like

They want to avoid pc players acting like aim assist is aimbot and flaming console players. In the end, console players still get flamed. Imo, crossplay is never going to be good in fps games.

1 Like