Path to Pro Player Icon

Hello, so I was scrolling through the player icons to make sure I had all of the brick bastion ones and I noticed there is one called “Path to Pro” which depicts Genji and Tracer high fiving with the number 2019 above it. I assume this has something to do with the Overwatch League grand finals, but if anybody knows any information I don’t, please let me know.

This thread explains how you get it.

1 Like

Long story short, you need to participate as a competitor in the upcoming Overwatch Open Division “practice” season. I am trying to find out if there will be alternate means of acquiring the Player Icon and the Spray (note the spray can only be seen if you activate your unowned items in the Hero Gallery filter). Right now I am assuming this is the only opportunity to earn these items, so if you are interested hurry and register before the deadline next week. Note that this requires a 6-week commitment to a team in the tournament,

Thanks for the information. Especially on a thread with no replies. Sadly I didn’t check back on the forums soon enough to see this XD but I appreciate the the help.

Wyoming, why don’t you just join a team? You don’t need to PLAY you only need to be set as an active player in a team - up to 9 ppl can be set as active.

EDIT: I just noticed this was posted 16 days ago. oopsie.

Wyoming, as Paulie had stated, you only had to participate and be in an active roster. It looks like they added additional rules? I don’t mind adding you to my team if you need/want the spray. The fact that new rules were added after the fact is not cool.

It looks like they added a PDF file with additional rules that was not there prior to the start of the tournament. I myself made sure to look at all the rules and even searched for any additional rules that might be present before this began. I even asked you on a different thread about any other rules. I want to make sure I and my team don’t miss out on the spray. We registered for the tournament and complied with the rules that were present at the beginning which basically were, register with at least 6 people and be on the active player roster at the end of the tournament. The PDF file talks about participating in at least 8 matches? Please help.