Patch notes for today’s patch?

Just downloaded another patch just now. Any notes?

• Removed Mei’s anti-gravity boots

Dev comment - while we acknowledge that this was causing hilarious moments and gave everyone plenty of laughs, we felt as though flight is not something Mei should be able to do…she’s already strong enough with her GOATS buffs and doesn’t need to be any more traumatizing

7 Likes

Symmetry

• symmetry now moves into Tank category coz we dont know what to do with her in the dps anymore! She will now wear a vishkar photon
    Mech to make her fatter and bulkier her beam will be as long as zarya, her orbs now archs and her ultimate is called Void surge where enemies will be forced to be teleported randomly across the map 60 m away from the objective!
1 Like

I am not seeing a new update today, December 13th, for either Live or PTR clients. There was a bug fix patch released late afternoon on December 11th. That being said, the Mei flying bug may still exist, remember if you see anyone abusing that bug as an exploit, report them.

1 Like

I’m downloading a 5 gig patch on console.

Which means my afternoon plans are out the window…

nods

That could be the PC’s December 11th patch after certification processing.

Wot.

But why is it so massive.
I don’t care what it is at this point, why is it the size of some games?! I don’t even have the space i don’t think.

It’s laughable that she hasn’t had her GOATS nerfs reverted yet

Remember console patches work differently than PC patches. I would note, any downloads will likely replace files and not add to them.

1 Like

Yea yea… still, the size is annoying me.
(I haven’t said that for a while…)

Wait. Wait wait wait…

So did Console get the balance changes, separate from the code changes?

1 Like

Don’t worry, it will be okay…

1 Like

No, just bug fixes, otherwise there would be patch notes on the website.

Everything is suddenly okay agai-

5 GIGS

Do you think it’s a little strange that they can throw out 5.5GB changes to fix a bug, but can’t spare a few Kilobytes of patches for gameplay changes?

I would not be able to describe to you why the patch is so big. The PC bug fix patch was 600 MB, but again Blizzard has full control in how they patch the PC client versus that of console versions.

I was actually going more about the miserly fashion in which they slow all game development down to sync with bugfix patches.
But when it comes to a relatively harmless bug, they dump money on it like it’s nothing.

As far as the file size difference. It’s because Consoles are often storage limited. And if there wasn’t enough space to patch the game, there might be a corruption or something.

Also PC has that file blending tech that they use to make it so Live and PTR files on the same computer can share most their files.

Darn it, I was hoping to see this bug in OWL ;o

If you refer to the Mei flying bug, that is a deliberate exploit which can grant an unfair advantage in a Competitive match. Its hilarious, but I consider it an exploit and will report any abuse of it (thankfully I have not seen it in my games).

It is a bug. But it seems so riddled with downside consequences, it’s kinda difficult to call it an exploit.

But I guess the main benefit as an exploit would be setting up a Bastion at a bizarre location.

So fine, it’s an exploit.

Still though, if they care about gameplay. Why make only about 6 gameplay changes a year?

Just bugs me that they seem to care more about bugs than gameplay.

1 Like