📝 Patch Notes for 2019, idea

The game shouldn’t be entirely about DPS. But it shouldn’t be that the dominant eSports strategy is to not use any DPS at all.
That’s horrible design.

That said, I can’t tell what the OWL meta will be, but I don’t have much faith in soloheal Mercy or Bastion comps being overall more dominant than TripleHealer comps.

Would you prefer “no other comps that existed before Brig, would be affected”?

Winrate is usually anticorrelated to lower pickrate.

TF2 Demoman grenade launcher definitely had a mechanic on the bounce reducing damage. I had well over 200 hours on the character, so I would know.

This is a giant strawman. Nobody has claimed there shouldn’t be any damage at all. But kay.

There are tons of comps being experimented with, mostly being map dependent. even Mei is making a comeback on certain control maps.

So basically, dive.

It’s not. Winrate showcases the hero excels when they’re played, if they’re not played often, it’s not because they suck, it’s because the situation they excel at isn’t prevalent in current patch.

I’ll be completely honest, i never knew this. I was a trolldier pleb. My mistake.

I feel like this would be the best game plan for OWL:

• Stage 1, Week 1 and 2:

• Don’t change anything, people wanna see if these magical solohealer or bastion comps are more than just cheese.
    • These comps will obviously fail, but it should be a fun and interesting watch.
  • Stage 1, Week 3 announce this for Stage 2 (Week 5):

• New Tournament Rule

• No more than 2 Healers per team, enforced by hero select screen.
  • Stage 1, Week 3 & 4 play out as normal to give a sendoff to the GOATsFest.

As for solving GOATs and other TripleHealer comps I do not think it’s something that could be Balanced quickly. It might not even be possible to fix it at all.

But it’s 100% impossible to fix it in either the next 1 week, or in 2 weeks after OWL starts.

That’s why I got this “No more than 2 Healers” rule. Maybe we don’t need it at all.

But if GOATs is still a problem, there’s going to be close to zero time to solve it before Season 2.