Patch notes concern

It normally says “Overwatch PTR Patch Notes”. but this current one says “Overwatch Retail Patch notes”. Retail as opposed to…? Thoughts anyone…?

Good catch

I usually don’t focus much on the title, but rather it’s content.

I have no idea why it is called Retail instead of PTR.

Might be a little hickup on their end. People are not perfect and its people who type out those texts.

I have no idea why it is called Retail instead of PTR.

True :slight_smile: I’ve just heard some rumor that they might go free to play, so I was thinking that they might have a retail patch and a free to play patch?

People are not perfect and its people who type out those texts.

Dont worry, i dont expect anyone to be perfect :slight_smile: just concerned, if there is a “retail” patch, what stops them from making a “free” patch

Maybe. However I dont think it would happen so soon to the game dropping to 20$

Might mean all is going to go live exactly as is, with them already finalized everything + sent off to the console makers.

I dont care about the content of the patch, im talking about the new label of “Retail” as opposed to just “PTR” :slight_smile:

Yeah, that is what I was aiming at. The would have named it that way because it is a patch they have pushed to retail already. If they intended to test out it out it would have been called a PTR patch.

Sony and MS will be approving this retail patch for this with a release in about two weeks. Once Sony and MS approve it, it will be PC released.

so for the past two years ive just never noticed it labeled as retail?

Could be he used a mobile device and used some autosuggest word.

I cant imagine blizzard is making their big forum posts using mobile… :smiley: but it is a theory! :slight_smile:

The live version and PTR version are often called the Retail Client and Public Test Client. Have a look at the patch notes, the live version is always titled " Overwatch Retail Patch Notes".

h ttps://playoverwatch.com/en-us/news/patch-notes/ps4

They’ve just mixed up the labels, nothing to panic about.

Ahh my man, thank you :smiley: have a nice day

No problem my dude :smiley: