Patch 1.51.0 frequent crashes

4790K, 4.4Ghz All Core OC, 1080GTX 1936Mhz, 16GB RAM
Win10 1903, Nvidia driver 451.67

Before 1.51 patch, I maybe had a single crash in 6 months, if that. After the latest patch I have a handful of crashes every single playing session.
These are game crashes, video driver and Windows continue to work normally.
No other games crash, I’ve even ran Linpack and Furmark to load up CPU/GPU to 100% for 12 hours and the PC didn’t crash or BSOD.

Don’t know what other info I can add, but will be willing to provide it.

Howdy Isoi,

I didn’t see any specific causes in the crash logs that were sent to us. However based on the error, it’s likely that something else on the computer may be blocking the game from working correctly. This may be security software like antivirus programs.

I would recommend closing all other programs by doing a selective startup. If this persists, try disabling or temporarily uninstalling antivirus software, then restart the PC. You can always reinstall it again once Overwatch is working.

Does Blizzard ever think their update could be the issue? No other game is acting like this. In game running fine then sudden dc from match and has to reload into match. Started after last patch no issues until then.

Hey, Waylander! I’m sorry we missed this here. It looks like you’ve still seen some crashes recently. It’s entirely possible that an update could cause an issue, but usually our team is pretty vocal when this happens on a large scale. One of the crashes, I’m seeing is an open issue with our team, which is the latest crash, but we’re pretty limited on our visibility over possible bugs as technical support. We do sometimes get a little bit of information from our teams, but we are not the developers so some information may be limited. If this seems to be an issue with the latest update, feel free to #bug-report over on the forums.

The technical support forums are mostly managed by us, and our Overwatch teams may not check this forum as often as the bug report or general discussion. What we can provide is troubleshooting and diagnosis over a technical issue. We’d be happy to work with you on this to see if we can help alleviate some of the crashing and wanted us to continue to take a look for some clues to what’s causing the recent crashes. If you’d like to us to check out the system, could you provide a DxDiag file? Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

~~~
DxDiag Here
~~~

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)