Patch 1.43 clarification

The pro teams have been scrimming Rein/Orisa, Hanzo/Reaper, Lucio/Bap.

(But yeah, that will change once we have real time on the ladder to see what works)

Wait, wasnt the most opresive meta goats or dive or grave dragon and what was that, bayblade, nanoblade or 4 tanks?
Or moth meta…

1 Like

Thank god.
Or should i say, thank Jeff.

JEFF :exploding_head:

Goats made even more heros throw picks. Not so much in the lower ranks but in the higher ranks most tanks, almost all dps, and a couple of supports were useless.

At least with double barrier almost any support combo worked, a handful of dps could still be used, and one again most tanks were poor choices.

No idea. As Jeff said at a college class Q&A, the PTR data isn’t even all that useful for gameplay balance.

2 Likes

Trill has the power to summon him. :eyes:

You have no idea.

10 Likes

I can’t wait for this. I think moving in a more aggressive direction and away from passive shield play is the right move.

Good I’m glad you non-moira players will stop playing her

I won’t miss it x

9 Likes

especially if you consider that you offer no incentive to play it,

balance would be much faster if we would have this patch for like, 2weeks, or hell, even one, aint like anyone tests PTR after the first week

and by december the 10th we would have already a follow up patch to re-balance other heroes that were affected and we didnt realize this while in PTR, or to rebalance the heroes who were changed

It’s not that simple on console. That’s why there’s delay at times.

Time to do dps placement, because i belive tanks gona be more played after patch so less waiting…

Hope you have amazing Holiday Season, thank you and the Devs for the best Teambase game of this Generation ^^y

It is that simple.

They wouldn’t need to patch the game at all, in order to adjust serverside variables.

Custom games and Workshop games are obvious examples they can change character stats without even needing to reboot the servers.

Hello Jeph !

Kinda wish communication like this was the norm. Having a release date for PTR patches be announced about 2 weeks after they’re on there would be great. Sitting in the dark just waiting for the game to get better, hoping if it’s this week or the next week or the week after, doesn’t feel great. Especially with other games coming out right now, my motivation for this game won’t hold up on its own.

Either way, thanks for clarifying.

3 Likes

Please change the map pool to Winter King’s Row only for the rest of the season. Thank you.

4 Likes

Am I wrong, or do they still have to pay even if they change something on the server?

I know what they were scrimming with but it’s not really a good indicator. Pro’s do tend to influence metas but they often are ones that perfect comps they normally wouldn’t run.

Also there isn’t money on the line. I’d wager once there is they will see that Rein/Zarya once again dominate. Too much enables Rein this next patch and Orisa is even more vulnerable then before.

I think they just are all exited that Orisa/Rein can even be used so they are really hoping it will work. It is considered to be one of the worst tank line-ups currently so it makes sense.

But when those Anti-nades hit and Widows start picking off the Orisa’s in the highest level of play their attitudes will change.