Paris is just Horizon 2.0, and it may be the worst 2CP map

It’s just there to look fancy, it has barely any other value outside of “maybe it’s an Archives map”

I personally really can’t stand King of the Hill.

I like all other maps.

Just making sure you know about this:

(you may need to expand my quote box below in order to see the video)

As attack you have to do that walk as well, it’s tedious. I will put on my yellow vest when that map comes on.

I have won this map 15/16 times in Comp, and I never practiced it prior to that. Unfortunately I am a Bronze4Lifer and so my experience and strats might not work as well for your rank. Still, I can’t help believing that some of this might be worthy of sharing even to higher ranked players.

BTW, I have played Rein exclusively so far on this map…

Attack Point A
All about pushing HARD right and through the Police Station. My dream team for this is Rein, Lucio, and Orisa AND/OR Mei. It’s all about pushing hard to the point and taking NO, underline NO engagements until you get to the point.

Defense Point A
I actually do a very unconventional defense on this one which I am certain will not work well beyond Bronze/Silver. Instead of describing that, I’ll describe the best defense I’ve seen against my Attack strat.

This is a Bastion on the shelf (the high ground between A and attack spawn) with a basic bunker comp (Orisa Bastion Mercy). Since my Attack A strat can often slide right around this defense (that’s what the Orisa or Mei are for, from before), you need an enforcer to protect the bunker from the Police Station. From what I have seen, Mei is fantastic at this, Junkrat would probably work well. Anything you wouldn’t want to meet alone in a narrow hallway :slight_smile:

Attack Point B
Similar concept but much more straightforward. Here’s your mantra, the center route is for turkeys. Commit HARD to the left or right (I usually go left first and only try the right if we are stalling out or maybe in a third round, to keep enemy defense guessing.

No sleep til Brooklyn, kids. As you advance on your left or right path, you might see enemies in the center, you MUST ignore them and keep pushing. Again, a Rein in front of the charge, and Orisa OR Mei to block off your exposed flank so you can keep moving forward.

Get to the point. Start fighting. Profit. There are some subtleties to this especially regarding the elevated ground directly in back of the point, but this post is already getting pretty long.

Defense Point B
Counter my Attack B strat. I don’t have my team waste any time defending the approach or the middle. Instead, just make sure you have a tank on each side of the back of B, with eyes down the lanes. Communicate which side they are attacking. Remember that the center lane is for turkeys, if they go that route on attack they are easily folded in upon.

That’s pretty much it. I could probably talk forever about the use of the high ground behind point B, for both attack and defense, but I’ll let that rest for now.

Selah, and GLHF.

let hanzo be hitscan hero!

Im going to sound crazy but I actually love Paris! it’s one of my favorite maps to play that and Kings Row, Anubis, Hanamura, Blizzard World and Hollywood :slight_smile:

Point A is heavily favored to the attackers due to the humongous path the defenders need to walk, and point B is defense favored where they have a lot of ways to get faster to protect the point, there isnt a real balance, only power favors turns in each Point.

All other 2CP maps are highly defense favored. It’s kind of nice to have a change from that. Paris may actually be my favorite 2CP map.

Horizon 2.0 is good though?

I think you meant Horizon 1.0.

all 2cp maps are the worst

Am I the only one who likes Horizon and Paris? The other 2cp maps blow donkey

Paris is officially the only 2CP map I like in 3 years of playing this game. The rest can get bent.

Don’t you dare insult my Hanamura!

Its Mai now just lost a rank game thx to paris The only thing good about the Map is the Rothot everything else is just terrbible designed. 0 REAL Highground 1 TERRIBLE choke Point where you cant get past most of the time and the second point is even worse 4 sides to get attacked by this map is simply bad designed and nothing any player ever needed. The first thing i said when i saw shteris was “im allready accepting defeat” becuz i started it as attacker. we didnt even touch the point the whole game. One left 30 seconds into the first round aswell thx for nothing AGAIN Blizzard you shopuld Fire your map designers and Hire Hi-Rez´s Team Paladins Atleast Removes Bad Maps becuz they know they are sht.

1 Like