[Pakistan] Keep getting kicked out of voice chat. Help!

Whenever I play any game mode i join voice chat and then after about 30 seconds, it shows in chat that everyone has left the voice chat. My teammates then always tell me that i have left. I rejoin the voice chat by leaving and then joining but after 30 seconds it happens again.
I tried to reach the voice chat troubleshooting article on here but I keep getting a server error

7 Likes

I am Having the Same Problem from like a month i Swear i tried so many things to fix but Nothing works for me Help

3 Likes

BLIZZARD COME AND HELP USSSSS!!!

grrrr it’s so annoying. Very hard to play competitive now

3 Likes

same here.
please fix this Blizzard ASAP.

3 Likes

Blizzard!!! PLEASE i am Having this Problem from 2 Months PLEASE

2 Likes

Yo why is nobody Helping like seriously its almost been a month when you posted here about the problem

2 Likes

we need blizzard to see this … please fix this issue asap

2 Likes

Hey y’all,

We aren’t aware of any problems with the voice chat. The support articles are also loading correctly for me. Have you tried these steps?
PC
Console

If so, I’d suggest testing another network temporarily to see if there’s any change.

2 Likes

Yea we saw that page multiple times people were suggesting us on the internet but that won’t help its that i Join a game i join the voice chat like normal, people are talking but when i talk i can see my icon that i am talking but they don’t see my icon or hear me talking and after like 10-50 seconds i see in the chat everyone leaves the voice chat and when i look there is only me (1 person in voicechat) and i leave and join the voice chat again and i hear people talk they see me join the voice chat but they can’t hear me i can and i get kicked out again!

3 Likes

Hey all,

You’re all in Pakistan. We’ve actually gotten more reports of this than normal from players in Pakistan over the last few weeks.

At this point in time, the only way to really work around this is using a Virtual Private Network client for players in your area. We suspect that degradation of the internet in your area with so many people playing home is partially responsible for this.

While we don’t support VPNs directly, there are many free online ones you can test on to see if it fixes your issue. You can search some, and if anybody in Pakistan finds one that works well for them, feel free to mention it here.

3 Likes

VPNs increase the already high ping so it becomes impossible to play. Could you guys do anything to fix it? Contact someone, consult someone or anything? Comp has basically become impossible to play now :confused:

1 Like

Ping is already high idk about Vpn that will increase it by like 50 To 80 ping that be Unplayable

NaqoChak,

We can have you all run connection tests and look for a common cause, but the best that will let us do is help you talk to your Internet Service Provider about the problem. We know that this isn’t really an optimal ‘fix’ - but we have no control over the internet out in Pakistan unfortunately, so it’s highly unlikely there’s anything we can do about it.

Edited by Blizzard: Previously we requested winMTR tests for this issue, but nothing was found with them which explains the issue. Removing test request to prevent confusion.

Reposting my earlier message about what’s going on with the work around, to ensure people can see it:

2 Likes

Everyone Is having problem with this
Its not the internet since we all live in different cities and towns [ trust me people from all states have this problem ] ITS ON YOU GUYS
PLEASE FIX YOUR SERVERS VPN GIVES US HIGH PING WE CANT AFFORD THAT IN QP OR COMP!

voice chat still not working, please blizzard fix this, this is a problem on your end. This is happening since the start of hero bans.

1 Like

The internet is overcrowded right now. Not everyone is having voice chat issues (I use it every game). While so many people are working from home, lots of ISPs can’t handle all the new traffic because there wasn’t planning for it. Normally many of these people would be at work where internet isn’t required. Unfortunately, voice chat is one of the first features to lose in an overcrowded network. That being said, this thread is about an ISP in Pakistan directly blocking the access to VOIP and has nothing to do with the Overwatch servers themselves.

2 Likes

But then why wasn’t this voice chat problem there when i started playing overwatch almost 2 years ago now there is after 1 month from winter event that never happened to us before And if that is our Internet problem then There is no way they are going to understand what are we talking about and if that help us in game they don’t know shiet(sorry can’t find other word for it) last time i talked to them They didn’t know what Ping/Latency was Like WHAT.

1 Like

are you from pakistan? this is happening to me and my pakistani friends on the game
It is the servers doing this to us or anyone from our country FIX THE SERVERS IF YOU"RE NOT FROM PAKISTAN DONT SAY " Not everyone is having voice chat issues (I use it every game) " this happening for a very long time BEFORE carona came along so don’t B.S US

1 Like

Hey there,

Let’s try to keep this civil. While I understand that this is frustrating, Nicole is trying to help at this point in time.

This issue has been going on since before the Coronavirus measures, but the fact remains that this is a problem with users on your ISP specifically. We are not doing any sort of blocking on our end, and a VPN works around the problem. This means that it will be up to your Internet Service Providers to investigate the reason why you are unable to connect. Typically it has to do with a Voice over IP (VOIP) blocking in your area. In other cases when we see many players in one area with this problem, it’s because they’re all using the same router rented from their Internet Service Provider, and the router firmware got updated and is blocking the game traffic. If you want to check this, log into your router, check to make sure SIP ALG is disabled (if the setting exists) and lower the overall router firewall security setting if that doesn’t work.

We’ll keep tracking reports, but for the time being there’s nothing we can really fix here. The best we can do is give you the information on what’s probably going on and hope that it helps you talk to your ISP about the problem. In the mean time, you can use a VPN client to work around the problem. We know the latency may not be as good with this, but you’re going to need to decide whether it’s worth it to be able to play with voice for the time being, as we at Blizzard cannot control this situation in any way.

I wish I could provide more support, but my best advice is to have players here work together, keep reporting problems, and see if you all can contact your ISPs to find out why this is happening.

3 Likes

i dont get how you could say its our different cities isp is blocking the voice chat when
For most of us
American Region’s voice chat is working
No vpn required or anything there
ITs only EU for me and maybe asia

3 Likes