OWL Tokens, What's Going On?

My account has been linked for the large majority of the May/Summer melee event and I’ve still got none tokens for watching :frowning:

1 Like

I tried:

• using four different browsers (Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Opera)
  • clearing caches, cookies etc.
  • disabling third party add-ons
  • disabling inbuilt add-ons, like Chrome’s notification and ad blockers

Nothing. No tokens, despite getting them from watching from the OWL site in Firefox, back before the Youtube move.

What did work for me:

Note that on the app, the stream won’t work for about ten minutes after the match starts, so don’t panic if you can’t load it at first.

Good luck.

3 Likes

Did you delete your cookies and than logged in again? You need to have 2 tabs open aswell (1 with the standings of the match and one with the match itself on the official owl side). After that it worked for me and I got about 200 token on the double tokens weekend.

I dunno, I hope you get your tokens. However, I don’t understand why people watch it.

this is what i ended up doing as well, after trying everything you tried with different browsers and whatnot. only difference is im using a different emulator (android studio) instead of bluestacks. but i can confirm android emulator works the same way as a phone and im getting tokens.

1 Like

Might have to try this

Why is this necessary…

This YouTube migration was terrible.

I really enjoy the team game OW is supposed to be so watching OWL is honestly a lot of fun; I love seeing the cohesive team work, the strats that come out (especially the wacky ones like the fake Brig to Widow swap on King’s Row), and the overall skill of the players (positioning, decision making, etc).

It’s kind of an exercise in masochism though because I get to go back to the ladder and argue with players about the concept of taking space and regrouping before/after team fights.

1 Like

Yeah it’s kinda dump that you have to do all of that but I believe they will fix it in the next weeks/months. However the advantage is that you can earn a lot more tokens faster than on twitch. Like I’ve mentioned above I got 200 tokens (basically a exclusive legendary skin) in only 1 weekend.

owl drops dont work for me on chrome but does work on Edge, maybe try to switch navigator to see if it works for you

using the Vivaldi browser works for me, tried it on a few different computers. never fails (and no complicated bluestacks setup… aka: no google account needed)

Hey Everyone, as a friendly reminder I maintain a handy troubleshooting guide here on the forums which helps diagnose most problems.

Remember that most issues can be related to what country you reside in, whether you have proper permissions set on your blizzard account, and whether you have cleared your cookies on your web browser.