OWL Tokens Not Rewarded

Hi, I read the ‘If nothing here works’ in the Guideline and I will do a detailed post about how I watch OWL streams, I only get rewarded a few tokens for watching whole streams which is weird.

I watch the streams from The Netherlands through overwatchleague.com on my phone (iphone 7 with IOS 13.5.1 using an untouched Safari or I watch it on my desktop (Windows 10) on Google Chrome Version 83.0.4103.116, turned my adblocker completely off, cleared caches and cookies and checked three times to see if the ad blocker was really off and it is. There are no other extensions or weird stuff on my Chrome so it should also be a ‘blank’ browser now. Whenever I switch devices, there will be a minute difference in watch time, but that should be easily calculated.

An example:
Yesterday, July 4, I watched from the beginning before Paris’ match until just after the SFS’ match, but only got rewarded with 5 tokens. I watched this mostly on my phone, I think 1,5h was on my desktop out of the approximate 7 hours I totally watched. For me it started at 8:30pm and I watched until around 3:45am-ish

I really hope you can fix this, and my data can help you out!

Kind regards,
Celina

3 Likes

i’ve watched for hours and a friend of mine to, both not recieving any tokens for all those hours we have watched…

Yes we are logged in, yes below the video is mentioned “you are logged in to earn viewership rewards”, yes my addblocker is disabled… it should work, but it doesn’t…

we’ve watched at least 20 or more hours in the last weeks and both not recieving tokens (we watch on different browsers)

1 Like

So I got this problem as well. I started watching two days ago and so far I’ve gone through nearly 20 hours of streamtime during the summer showdown and I’ve recieved a total of 5 tokens.

I mean, it’s catastrophic, the whole marketing idea was what made me and my gf start watching OWL in the first place, we’re in it for the skins !
So yesterday I started trouble-shooting like hell and I’ve been through the whole ordeal of re-linking the account and stuff as well as turned off ad-blockers.
After all of that, just to make sure I’d get those damn tokens we ended up watching OWL from THREE different devices all through my own account.
First device: Streaming through OWL website on desktop (Logged in and ready ofc)
Second device: Streaming through the OWL app on my phone (Logged in and ready)
Third device: Streaming through the OWL app through our tablet( Logged in and ready too)

Watched last games matches, got a little bit upset by SF Shocks dominance but went to bed happy to finally get more than 5 tokens after 5 hours of streams.
Sadly, woke up just a few hours ago to NOT A SINGLE TOKEN being added.

Granted, I’ve read elsewhere that for some folks it takes up to 48 hours for the tokens to be added but for others it takes like 10 min DURING the LIVE performance.

Sorry for capital letters, it’s just tilting that this token system is either buggy as hell just poorly designed.

2 Likes

Same issue here. Im logged into my blizzard account on the owl webpage on chrome. i have no add blocker. ive also watched on my android phone on the move. Watched hours upon hours of the summer showdown and when i just checked in game i havent earned a single token. Went into extensions and i dont even have an ad blocked on my pc

1 Like

I too have encountered this problem. No ad-blocker, changed web browser, cleared my cache, watched on mobile. Still got nothing, yes I did login, but I get this glitch (on all browser, mind you) where it says I need to login, which I already did. When I hit account settings, I would see my username pop up.

I even contacted the support team, they told me if this problem continues that I have to posted it up on the bug forums…

I got no tokens for watching about 6 hours last night, game shows same token amount after watching as I had before.

I realised about half way through (I actually logged in just to see how many tokens I had gotten) so I checked everything was correct (logged in on the stream page, etc). I refreshed to check I hadn’t gotten logged out but the page was still showing as logged in, but it refreshed just fine still logged in. Checked again at the end of the stream, still no tokens.

Hello,
I was watching recently Overwatch league to get some of Overwatch League Points and for first 8 hours it was kinda ok? but i did not get points for every hour but i got some so ok and yesterday/today i was watching finals for long time i think that was 6-7hours and i did not get any single point for this. i hope you have nice day and stay healthy.

It’s region-restricted.

Same issue yesterday for me. On Friday and Saturday I watched the NA games using the OW League app on my iPhone and had no issues. Sunday, I used Edge Version 83.0.478.58 and Chrome Version 83.0.4103.116 and received no drops. The same thing occurred the week before that and I submitted tickets to support who acknowledge developers were working on fixing it, but they couldn’t do anything about the missed drops. This is really frustrating because I much prefer watching the games on my PC than my iPhone. Never had this issue when the games were streamed through Twitch. Yes, I did try clearing my cookies and cache and my region is set to the United States.

You got the same “we can’t help” response from support that I did. Honestly, why offer support if you can’t support the community…

1 Like
  1. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open and offered to legal residents of Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium,
    Brazil, Canada, Chile, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland,
    Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, United Kingdom and United
    States. For Argentina, this promotion should be considered as temporary rules to grant benefits (the Tokens) for
    duly registered players in accordance with these Rules.

I see I am applicable, but I still got nothing. My friend got his tokens instantly when he watches OWL, and he lives in the same Province as me.

Pretty sure the website doesn’t work. I’ve only had success on the app.

The website does work, I guess it doesn’t work for quite a bit of people though. My friend got his tokens through the OWL website.

That’s so weird, my country in listed here but I watched almost 5 hours of OWL but received nothing.

The Netherlands is eligibile for token drops. I get 5 tokens for watching whole streams at times. :slight_smile:

I’ve tried:

• Either of my 3 computers.
  • The app
  • 3 different browsers
  • Using VPN (to see if it was something related to IP)

None of it works.

But a friend of mine logs into my account from her home and it works.

Seriously, what’s the actual spaghetti code that grants the tokens?

same… my friend got her tokens easily like she got about 200 tokens in about 3 days I guess…
but for me its 0…

I thought it was sort of an IP issue (where it believes you’re not in eligible territory, but a VPN didn’t help either)