OWL Tokens - Japan

Is there a specific reason why some countries are not eligible?

1 Like

Local regulations, most likely. Tokens are technically a virtual currency that can be bought with actual money, so my guess is that there are laws in place that regulate earning such a currency for free.

2 Likes

Well, that stinks. I do enjoy the OWL without the tokens but I’d sure like to have more of those nice skins…

What’s about Germany?
Where I can find the list with all the countries?

Couldnt you just use a vpn?

Wyoming explains everything there, plus there’s a pdf document that explains the eligibility of the country.

2 Likes

I thought that was just something that was a problem with Twitch and not giving out tokens in general

1 Like

Thank you!

Twitch is not a provider of the Overwatch League this year. See this post for details:

Hmm why isn’t Japan eligible? Honestly just curious.

1 Like

We won’t know the specific reasons for each individual country sadly.

A VPN could solve your problem

Edit: I don’t know if that is against TOS so at your own risk.

A VPN is not a viable solution. Qualification is based on your existing country of residence set by your Blizzard Account, not where you are actually connecting from.

1 Like

That implies you could change that information?

Yes, but you must provide legal proof of residence in the new country. Here is a support article with further details:

Anyhoo, I’m IN a legible country, have watched via the Owl app for hours, have done that also on the Owl website, and I still get nothing.
This is a fiasco imho.

Fine, but teasing the skins with a link to an empty shop at the start screen for us players in Japan is just cruel…

2 Likes

Why did you necro this? 4 months

Because 4 months later it still sucks…

Now you know how the rest of the world feels. :woman_shrugging: