OWL tokens from All-Stars Event not delivered

Problem: Myself and at least 50 other people never received viewership rewards (OWL tokens) from the All-Stars event that took place on May 15 and May 16. As a result, I (and others) was (were) unable to purchase the All-Stars exclusive skins.

Solution: Correct issue with undelivered tokens so that viewers who participated in the event will receive the tokens they earned while watching. If this isn’t possible, reward the community as a whole with 100 tokens - just a way of saying thanks to the folks who are generating ad revenue for you. Lastly, offer a grace period - one week, for example - where the All-Star skins are made available.

Outcome: Massive PR boost for Blizzard - builds a more loyal, grateful fan base. Increases reputation as a company and incentivizes players to recommend Overwatch to friends.

As I have stated in various topics, OWL token drops have been working for a majority of users during All-Stars. I also run the match discussion threads so that I can get instant feedback from users if there is any issues affecting everyone. Unfortunately, both Blizzard Customer Service and myself have had little input from users affected by not getting token drops by failing to provide very careful details to how they were watching, on what platform and your country of residence (to determine reward eligibility). I know this is not what you want to hear, but from Blizzard’s and Twitch’s end everything seemed to be working. If there is an outstanding issue, I need details for as many users as possible (who did not earn tokens) and maybe information can be pooled to track a common problem.

If you failed to get tokens from the All-Stars broadcasts, I do feel your frustration. Realistically, do not expect any tokens to arrive if you did not earn them during the All-Stars broadcasts. At this point look forward to stage 3 to earn tokens then. As always, I maintain detailed troubleshooting and collect information from users to find trending issues in my guide post pinned in the forums:

Tokens are always available for purchase from each platform’s marketplace. While it sucks to have to purchase tokens rather than earning them, I was posting like crazy to not hesitate to do so especially considering there is always the possibility of issues for any individual viewer.

When did not caring about minorities become acceptable?

Bottom line: There was clearly a common issue here that affected numerous players. You can’t deny that. If you choose to justify ignoring the issue by saying,

That’s on you (Blizzard).