OWL Token Twitch Reward Info

Here is an Infinitely more detailed and cohesive post then mine, regarding questions or confusion on this topic!

(Initial Post)

I have been seeing quite a few posts by people confused about the Token reward system Blizzard has going through Twitch, and even some theorizing that Tokens are not awarded to players on purpose. So I figured I would make a post clarifying for anyone confused or curious.

Whenever a map concludes during a live broadcast, viewers receive 1 League Token. Occasionally, a select few players are chosen to receive an extra 100 free tokens!
(Sometimes there is a delay between the map conclusion, and receiving your reward)

There are:

• 4 Maps played per Match
  • 3 Matches per Game
  • 4 Games streamed weekly
    (Wednesday - Saturday)

Meaning you can get 12 Tokens a day, 48 Tokens a week.
(You do not earn Tokens by watching Match Reruns)

Not every country is eligible for the free tokens, and is therefore also dependent on your location.

Eligible locations are as follows:

Argentina Saudi Arabia
Canada South Korea
Chile Spain
Denmark Sweden
France Switzerland
Germany Taiwan
New Zealand United Kingdom
Norway United States

I have recently started watching OWL matches fairly frequently, and have received 62 Tokens so far.

Personally I:

• Live within the United States,
  • Linked my Battle.net account to my PSN account,
  • Linked my Battle.net account to the OWL website,
  • Linked my Battle.net account to my Twitch account,
  • Linked my Battle.net account to the OWL Twitch Channel itself.
  • (And do not have an active Twitch Prime subscription, for anyone curious about that)

SOURCE AND FURTHER CLARIFICATION:
https://overwatchleague.com/en-us/news/21497938/watch-overwatch-league-get-league-tokens

[EDIT: Please feel free to correct me on any mistakes I may have made]

1 Like

I think you also get rendome drops of 100 Tokens, i watch OWL since day1 and I already get two OWL skins ingame and have about 500 Tokens still on my account

1 Like

Thank you for the reminder! I’ve updated it.

I really wish they would separate the giveaway of 1 token per map from the random 100 token award. It would make it possible to make the first available in more countries.

Maybe one day…

2 Likes

I have a question there. When you get OWL tokens and have OW for PS4 (for example) AND PC (of course using the same account on PC like you linked to your PSN and Twitch account), do you get to choose on which platform you use your tokens?

1 Like

It goes to both. Although I stopped receiving tokens since last week for some reason.

The currency is distributed to both accounts through viewership, however is not shared between accounts.

So hypothetically lets say, you have 101 League Tokens, and purchase a skin you want on PS4? That purchase will be independent from your PC Tokens.

Your PC account would still have 101 Tokens, while your PS4 would only have 1.

1 Like

Is that so? Well, right now I don’t have a PC, but I am planning to buy one soon.
Is it possible, that I log in to OW on PC for the first time and have the amount of OWL tokens available which I collected by watching the OWL? Of course, I would use the same Blizzard account that is linked to my PSN and Twitch account.

I wouldn’t know about that? So no facts, however I would assume so.

Alright! Thank you for your help, Axom and SlimSlader! :+1:

exactly this is why Australians avoid overwatch league.

1 Like

I dont think you will recieve Tokens for something that is not existing by now, so if Blizzard just know that you have an PS4 account it will not “save” up the Tokens for other platform like PC and Xbox, just after u get a copy of Overwatch on a PC account you will get it there too.

1 Like

Thank you for the correction.

I had assumed you would get the Twitch Alert that you have received a Token, and they would stack up until it entered your PC Inventory apon launching the game.

However, as you said, I’m sure it simply won’t start counting towards your PC Inventory until you’ve actually purchased the PC version of the game.

My apologies for the poor assumption on my part.