OWL On ABC Garners Rage

which is around what 5 million for the whole team so maybe not A million but you could retire for the rest of your life after 3 seasons

to be fair, some NFL players can retire after 1 season lol.

not exactly helping my argument, but still.

i just think people need to be more accepting you know,

there wouldnt be this much backlash probably if a basketball match was changed to i dont know, a football match, or tennis to baseball

its becuase it was changed to something that people are not used for,

The real problem is not that, e-sports are growing, the real problem is that people react aggresively to anything they dont know, inestead of reacting like they should, learn about it, research, or hell, Just plan CHANGE CHANNELS

if theres a football match in a channel i want to watch when i expected something differen, i dont hop into twitter and say “OH THE YOUUNGSTERS ARE RUNING EVERYTHING! rAAAAWRRARWRAWRA”

i switch channels

Funny how all the issues that have to do with overwatch have SOMETHING to do with switching :joy:

I’m a pretty accepting guy.

Yet you were the one initially claiming that its a mockery of real sports, and an insulting thing,

Thats not accepting to me,

Except he never ascertained that anyone can do it. You did.

You believe anyone can be OWL pro, or probably any esports game really. Others are saying no not anyone.

You made the statement, you need to prove it either with yourself or bankroll someone else to do it.

Otherwise, you are just stating an opinion. Nothing more or less.

m- me?

I don’t need to do that, I’m not obligated to that :rofl: call it an opinion if you want? i uh, after a few hours and a couple hundred post I like my stance.

You don’t have to, I’m not gonna argue you down or try to make you. So yeah, take it as you will.

That’s fine, but you can’t say without a doubt that anyone can do what the OWL pros do.

I am not arguing with you whether its possible or not. I’m not biting your troll bait, but my goodness a lot did for an entire day for that matter.

Do I think anyone can be OWL pro? Sure. But I also believe anyone can be NFL pro, or NHL pro.

What do they need? 3 things.

Passion, determination, and proper training.

The key word is proper.

Raw talent is a myth. Any pro athlete will tell you that raw talent will only get you so far, but they need the other 3 elements.

I am not arguing with you either. I think anyone can be pro at whatever they want, regardless of the physical element.

Do traditional sports require more physical elements versus esports? Of course, but that doesn’t mean its any harder or easier to be pro at either.

But I concede that someone with more physical prowess, or with the proper dna, can play traditional sports better and thus become pro easier then a stereotypical ‘nerd’.

Ok… And? Anything else you want to add?

Nope. I just thought I’d jump in at the tail end of this asinine thread.

You provided a lot of entertainment though. I applaud you with how well you baited so many.

I’m having difficulty understanding your stance. It seems to center on the lack of physical fitness requirements? Is that correct?

I think people get too caught up in the “sport” part of esport, and it triggers them in some way. Perhaps if a different term was used itd be more palitable to you?

There you go, apparently you were baited as well. not that it is bait, but yeah.

Anyway, traditional sports aren’t just more psychically demanding but demand quote a bit of mental fortitude as well. I maintain that it is harder then being a pro gamer, but that’s just me.

Maybe you are right. I can see that.

Noted, I disagree, but noted.

Yep. Nice talking to you.

you have no idea bro.

You’re not wrong in that regard. Just like darts, billiards, poker, golf, etc, dont demand the same level of physical ability as other sports. You can even start comparing the required physical fitness between say baseball and football, even the various positions in either game. A QB for instance doesn’t have the same physical requirements as a defensive lineman etc.

It becomes somewhat of a slippery slope. There is clear evidence of reaction timing, eye hand coordination, precise muscle movements, etc when it comes to something like a competitive shooter. Thus why theres so few people over 30 in pro level esports.

I dont think it’s fair to really say “anyone can do it.” Especially not as competition gets narrowed and you get the best of the best vsing each other. OWL Widow play for instance would be a good example of this…

Anyways, there is a lot that can be discussed on the topic. I dont think it’s important or even productive to try and equalize the differences between traditional sports and esports. I think a lot of it comes down to individual connotations and perceptions.

5 Likes

I see what you are saying and I agree whole heartedly, I’ve been acting foolish but I am not that kind of guy. It isn’t fair to say anyone can do It and I should have sat down and thought before I typed. I thank you for this well written and kind response.

1 Like

I commend you for being a reasonable guy in the end Wrex and for keeping it together despite how many people were arguing with you. I had a similar experience in Youtube comments. I know how hard it can be.

2 Likes