OWL On ABC Garners Rage

Aww you resorting to insults? That’s fine by me lol

Aaaaand still the same. LMAO :joy:

Can’t wait for Stage 2 Finals (hopefully without GOATS!) hit ABC again and maybe some mainstream channels outside US too, to see more stubborn, triggered people make their silly statements just like Wrex.

I mean, if you can’t substantiate your argument properly, then I think he’s won the argument,

Not insults, facts. If your claims are true, then its simply fact: You choose not to make more money (mere thousands is blatantly untrue) with less effort even though you possess the ability.

No brains.

Well it won’t happen, and now that I think about it is just a trend so I’m not too worried. You can’t accept my argument for whatever reason, I stand by it

Well it won’t happen,

HE LACKS THE CRITICAL INFORMATION CHAT PepeChortle

1 Like

No one really wins an argument, these guys as well as yourself are just showing how… I want to say shallow you are. Sitting here arguing with me and not even understanding what I’m trying to say.

You just keep going, ‘go to dey OWL then.’ I say, ‘no I won’t want to be a pro gamer there are better things one can do with their life.’

you say, ‘but u can make muhillions’ I say, “i can probably make just as much with a real job, especially since no one in the OWL will be a millionaire any time soon except for the owners.”

I say “real athletes have it harder they have to actually endure REAL pain, and know their careers aren’t guarenteed.” you all say 'go to da OWL, u won’t cause ur bab omegalul."

I say something like, “Hey, compared to real sports any average joe could be in the OWL, it’s easier.” you say, “But da hand eye coordination.”

At this point we just keep going in circles.

No, you can’t provide evidence of your argument, base and fact.

You started off being shallow with denouncing the skills of people much better than you, fact.

You suggested anyone can do it as well as an OWL athlete, fact.

You refuse to provide an example of “anyone” (a gold console player) reaching these levels and making “free money”.

You’re an unintelligent, jealous joke. Begone meathead.

There is no evidence to provide, which argument? Anyone can be an OWL player (they aren’t athletes) when compared to actual athletes. Yes, it is much easier to do so. I think you lack basic reading comprehension.

I literally just gave you an outline for crying outloud of what I’m trying to say and you answer, like a middle schooler, ‘ur just jealous’

Jealous of what? I play the same game at home!

I don’t think their skills are talent based, I think anyone can do it. Mechanically speaking MANY PLAYERS have the same set. What makes the OWL flashy or pro play flashy is just how they use it and the creativity involved.

You see this all the time in the OWL, GOATs vs GOATs, same mechanical skill set but one team is much more creative in execution. It’s like painting, or competitive eating. Everyone can do it, especially since it can be taught. There’s no real talent. But everyone is creative and have a unique sense of creativity with it.

Anybody can also be a football player, basketball player, baseball player etc. given that they put in the right amount of work. Will OWL ever reach the amounts of training needed for the NFL? Probably not. But you are immensely understating how much practice one needs to make get Open Division, much less OWL

But not anyone can do it PROFESSIONALLY. There’s actual talent involved in real sports, there are things you just can’t learn.

You can train muscle memory playing OW, you can play for hours and get your hand eye coordination up, learn a character inside and out. It’s the mechanics and the creativity you put in with them.

ANYONE could gain that pro level skill set, only thing is you have to train and play as much as they do. You can’t constantly play football and get better, you can’t constantly play basketball and become the next Lebron. You either have it or you don’t.

There are no metas in real sports, you can’t hide behind a meta, you can’t blame long work weeks. You have to play the game and either you have it or you’re not in the right place.

There is no doubt in my mind if you sat any normal person down and told them to play Overwatch for a few hours they can train up the skills of the ‘pros’ because that’s what a lot of the pros are just average guys. No flavor.

I think you’re wrong and it’s funny. If you’re an example of an average joe, the proof would be, develop those skills at that level then. I know for a fact its only a matter of time and will needed in order to achieve physical excellence, so surely it takes LESS time by far to develop the athletes skill at the OWL level have right? So do it, show us how much time average joe! Ill zee you on broadcast in a decade?

You’re jealous of not possessing the same skills as these athletes and because they earn a fortune doing something they love.

If your arguement is based on the GOATS meta youre far more inept than originally thought, did you see the intricacies of the dive meta in season 1 OWL? Do you see EVERYONES dissatisfaction at GOATS meta displayed in OWL? You’re a fool good sir. It feels like you only respond now due to pride, everyone can see you’re wrong just quietly slink away.

And if your argument compares not everyone being able to compete at a pro level in physical sport adversely to everyone being able to compete in OWL… SHOW US YOU UTTER FOOL. GIVE THE EVIDENCE and you’ll shut everyone up. If you’re right you’ll be able to do it.

Deal with it

I dont like watching your sports, and their there all the time, now you watch mine,

Then do it,

Climb from your current gold rank…

if its that easy, why are you not top500 yet

1 Like

I think I’m quite above average actually, and I don’t want to. That’s what I’m saying, I don’t want to dedicate hours to play the game to learn these skills. That doesn’t mean not ANYONE can if they just put the time in. It’s a matter of preparation and time.

And there is no athlete level in the OWL, THEY AREN’T ATHLETES. I can’t stress it enough.

And as I just said, anyone can get the skills as long as they put in the prep. THERE IS NO REAL TALENT. These are things that can all be trained. As I’ve said, you keep just dancing around what I’m saying.

Also… I’M SAYING THE PLAYERS BEENFIT FROM BEING IN METAS. Did I say they like the meta? No but you are strawmaning what i’m saying. I’m saying pro athletes don’t have the benefit of a meta, rather it’s dive, goats, or whatever to be able to do good in the game they play. It’s always ‘whats the meta okay lets play that’ in the OWL you don’t get that in the NFL, NBA, or NHL. Esports athletes have it easier, they know what everyone is going to do so they have to be creative in how they run it.

I honestly think you aren’t even trying to comprehend a thing I’m saying.

Exactly what I’m asking him to do, he just doesn’t understand.

You’re gold, thats the definition of average.

You saying “I just don’t want to” is so childish when you have referenced me being childish for demanding evidence? Wow :rofl:

You are being very childish, especially since you literally don’t read anything else I say. No, I don’t want to. I can admit it takes time to hone the skills but anyone with the right amount of time put in can do it, yes.

It’s not like football for example, you can throw passes for 12 hours a day, you won’t become more effective as a passer. You need to have arm strength, accuracy, good eyes and so on.

Meanwhile, move over to a video game, anyone can play it, anyone could be a pro at it. You can practice for hours and likely adapt to gain some of those ‘skills’ the pros have.

You say that anyone can

but refuse to do it

lol

Protip: Nobody “Needs” to do real sports either,

now, have a nice day :wave:

Just stop talking to him, no use

1 Like

400 replies later and people are still feeding the troll

Yes anyone can I I refuse to, pretty basic human interaction. You tell me to do something, I am not going to and I do not wish to. Why don’t you do it? What’s stopping you from putting in 12 hours aday to get better?