OWL On ABC Garners Rage

Listen, I’m not going to do it. I have no reason to, pay me and I will, don’t pay me and I won’t. Give me four thousand dollars, I’ll get a high end PC and very well do it.

you mean the leading organization on organized sports? who put together the biggest athletic event in the world and bring together some of humanity’s best…
just shut up and sit the hell down

can we just flag this guy to get him out of here?

Some athletes who compete in real sports don’t seem to feel that, on a mental level, competing in esports is much different than competing in real sports.

Personally, I find the only disservice to Esports is it’s main audience and producers. The trash talk is contrived and inauthentic and when players show emotion they are punished and/or mocked for it.

Also, development of the game. GOATS always has me thinking now if there will ever be a meta so bad that pros reject the game and refuse to play it.

The fact that expansion teams came in and laid down the smackdown on established teams playing GOATS prove it takes absolutely zero skill to play. This meta has been a waste of talent.

Pfft get into Contenders and enter the League, they’ll pay you if you’re good enough. Which we both know you aren’t.

All talk no walk trash talker.

1 Like

Ooo big words, but no, that is not representative of the entire Olympic committee. I don’t think you understand that. or else ‘esports’ would be apart of the Olympics by now. Did you even read the link you provided?

yes I did, did you? i dont think you did

1 Like

I did, it was an attempt for dialogue, it means nothing else or nothing more. Doesn’t prove anything. Show me 100% that this is a consensus idea among athletes not just a few people probably paid to be there and I’d maybe agree with you. Please stop, your heart is bleeding everywhere and my shoes might get stained…

I need them for… you know… REAL Sports and PHYSICAL ACTIVITY.

can we just get him out of here? flag and lets get some actual discussion going

Why don’t you just leave? You haven’t said anything pertaining to the actual post nor have you tried to have a discussion with anyone. You’ve just been playing the milksop.

why dont you? you obviously dont care about esports, but you are still here

Yes because I want people to know that esports will never be on the same level when it comes to training or preparation as real sports. It’s insulting to call them athletes.

It already is, they are equal, in training, in popularity, and in relevance. Keep up with the times.

2 Likes

That is not true, at all they are not equal in terms of training, nor popularity. I remember they took some esports team to a warriors game, almost no one knew who they were when they were presented.

In terms of training, that’s a lie. That is a massive lie.

Cool. Imagine bringing an NBA or NFL team to show up during an OWL show, nobody will know who they were. Vice-versa

That’s a lie too! Given that they’re in some of the biggest cities in the world! With teams long established for decades in the country. A few people will know them, maybe even more. Everybody knows Tom Brady, no body knows Surfour.

OWL is garbage, I can understand the hate.

2 Likes

That “Marco Pena” guy though… he went from disparaging kids and saying girls were basically more manly than boys, to saying he now really likes watching the OWL stream…

Talk about sheep mentality in a nutshell. Both, his original criticism, and his change of mind.

1 Like

We wouldn’t watch owl if it was for gold/plat.
We want the best of the best

Maybe one or two, just like maybe one or two will know Surfour.