OWL June Joust Knockouts - Dallas Fuel vs. Houston Outlaws

Yeah I know its rough, and that was the reason I did not participate in the East region matches this morning. I put a lot of effort into my portfolio website, but according to my page tracker. No one is visiting it. It seems like my design style (which is also seen in my resume and cover letter) is just turning off the recruiters. So I am going to be going back to the drawing board and overhaul my personal branding on my portfolio. Probably even build all new portfolio pieces.

Still, in the long run, I think I need to start investing my time into something other than Overwatch.

1 Like

Imagine being in dept over getting education. laughs in 300€ per semester

1 Like

Just let me know if there’s any way I can help…whether it’s by taking over the creation of these match discussion threads until you land a job or lending an ear in Twitter DMs for you to just scream into the void as needed, I’ll be happy to help. I’m currently in a bit of a funk, but that’s probably cos I’m spending too much time in front of a screen (playing TBC Classic, I admit) as opposed to being away from home working.

Anyway…CHARLIE NINER ON THE GROUND! Repeat, a snowman’s head has been seen flying over Houston!

:astonished:

An egregious Charlie Niner on Dallas’ attack ends up costing the Outlaws, and the Fuel are one map win away from advancing to take on the top dog Gladiators.

AFTER MAP 2

Busan (Control): Dallas Fuel 2, Houston Outlaws 0

Hanamura (Assault): Dallas Fuel 2, Houston Outlaws 1

MATCH SCORE: Dallas Fuel 2, Houston Outlaws 0

NEXT UP: Second half of Fuel vs. Outlaws, starting with Hybrid. Outlaws will select the map, while the Fuel will select whether to attack or defend.

Also, Houston Outlaws fan discord is going 100% bug nuts right now.

That is perfectly fine. :+1:

Maybe choose someone here to follow in your MVP footsteps.
Be an Overwatch MVP mentor. You may be in a position to comfortably step away from the forum while you pursue your higher goals.

After Map 2

-
-
-
-
-
-

WATCH LIVE: YouTubeOverwatch League

Well that was a fast raid on the castle… (not a top 5 though)…

Final Score

-
-
Victory!
-
-

WATCH LIVE: YouTubeOverwatch League

2 Likes

Lucio is mandatory in this meta. It’s embarrassing that Houston kept forcing Brig in an elimination game. They deserved this lopsided L.

Well that was a total bust to watch, tuned in towards the end.

This OWL meta has to be one of the WORST to watch in a long time.

Team fights with 3-5 DVa bombs every single fight, it’s very hard to keep track of and watch. Feels like nobody is doing anything impactful besides Echo.

the Fuel made the Outlaws look silly. I’m confident they can win the Joust.

I have a feeling this next match will be an El Classico coming up… go get your popcorn.

What are you talking about?
This meta is difficult to play.
They make it look easy.
Try dodging all those Dva bombs with out getting caught by one of them.

Where did I say it wasn’t difficult to play?

I said that it’s one of the worst in a while to watch, with Echo on each side constantly duplicating DVa and tossing out bombs it’s so hard to keep track of the team fights.

You can tell from how they’re broadcasting it – more fights are from 3rd perspective then actually viewing anyone because everyone is just dodging Echo over and over again, there’s no real action.

Funny you say that, cos almost everyone in the Houston Outlaws fan discord is currently crapping on the Outlaws players. As of this writing, not only are fans attempting to tag the players (which, for obvious reasons, is against the rules), one of the moderators had to turn on slow mode on Discord in an attempt to control the toxicity…and probably still had to send a plea for help to the other mods to stop playing TBC Classic and help said mod moderate the Discord.

I have an uneasy feeling a good number of folks in the Outlaws fan discord will be muted by sundown tonight.

1 Like

This meta may be faster than dive was.
I have had a hard time following the action too.
The third person perspective helps a lot.

It’s crazy fast… Echo and Moira ultimate charge feel off the charts. There’s no back and forth build up, it’s just a 30 second skirmish then ultimates start flying.

1 Like

And that’s why both are seeing ult charge cost increases starting with the Summer Showdown.

1 Like

I like Shanghai this time. They look too clean.