OWL 2020 tokens

even tho the community still ended up having a bit of a hissy fit over it

4 Likes

I mean, understandable, considering it’s the only way to earn tokens without buying them and they release a new legendary at the same time

34 Likes

to be fair, the goats skin I think was more of a joke than anything

11 Likes

it’s basically a note that even the overwatch team at blizzard hated goats comp lol

9 Likes

I mean, joke or not, it’s still a dope skin.
I’m glad that I saved up 200 tokens last season for this

17 Likes

I have full details about this and other things about the change to YouTube here:

10 Likes

great job, thanks for this!

1 Like

Drops on twitch weren’t a thing until Stage 2 of Season 1. It will very likely be added into the league later in the year in some form.

1 Like

They should provide some kind of vip-pass for sale that comes with OWL Grey Skins.

Year 1 was a much better model for fans than Year 2.

After the move to YouTube we can still use Year 1’s skins in-game. But kinda dumb we “bought” Twitch emotes Year 2… because what good are those on YouTube!?

Remove head from butt and actually consider your fans, not just their wallets. :man_shrugging:t2:

Go borrow a page from Rocket League’s or Rainbow 6’s Esports scene. Fan rewards every year. Actual in-game content. Not ludicrous emotes for a service you decide to dump post-season. Nice big :poop: you took on last year’s All-Access Pass holders. Thanks!

Meanwhile you’ve got 31 OWL Grey Skins (one for each hero) you dust off each year for advertising purposes. Why did you ever give us the first 10 that first year of OWL if you never intended to release the remaining 21 at some point!? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

At least your radio silence about the skins has been consistent. Kudos!

6 Likes

I quit watching the league after they REFUSED to fix the match making system for Competitive play. As well as NOT resolving how many times we watched and NEVER got league tokens. Which makes this feel even worse.

IMO they should at LEAST give everyone a set of tokens for 1 league costume per season.

The other reason I refuse to support or watch league is; They REFUSE to make an official Blizzard publication on HARDWARE specs.

• If we have professional sports teams that play for NFL, NBA, Baseball league and all that. WITH publication of sports equipment guidelines. Than all this is nearly similar to WWE . :stuck_out_tongue:

They should not give rewards at all so we can get a real picture of how popular their OWL is.

9 Likes

I wonder how they work on this, if its something that basicialy is propably not working because yt dont have way to give stuff to people…
But yea, lets say THEY work on it.

That doesn’t help when the Brigitte skin will be gone by then.

6 Likes

I don’t understand why they can’t stream it on Overwatch League’s official channel, overwatchleague(dot)com. That’s how I always got my coins, and it was technically a Twitch stream. So make it a YouTube stream but give credit when signed in to OWL’s site, just like before.

6 Likes

IDK. I think they are making a joke about it.

Example, Brigitte’s shield bash highlight is a Halloween item lol.

Despite my annoyance with this, since blizzes relationship with twitch was so good, there was very likely a deal made by YouTube for them to change platforms. If blizzard decided to give rewards off-platform that couldn’t be replicated by YouTube, it would likely violate some non-compete clause…

I still don’t get why they did that xD

2 Likes

THEY need to bring twitch back

2 Likes

Remember when the game came out and nothing was supposed to be behind paywalls… pepperage farms remembers

5 Likes

i wish you could earn point by playing in game with an owl skin on