[OW2] So what should we be talking about, but we aren't?

I get that, but support players are not going to be playing her in large numbers in mid ranks because of how she has been designed. It is a good design, but it won’t fix the mid rank issues the game has.

So, it won’t fix the different in queue times.

They will complain about her spam. Remember slow moving projectiles basically mean spam.

Oh, I’m fully prepared for people to cry about being domed from downtown by a Kiriko headshot. With the projectile speed being a factor, I’m just going to chalk every thread up to “skill issue” and move on.

Right but I highly doubt peeps will be running her in mid ranks.

Genji was EVERYWHERE in the beta in mid ranks, and she is specifically weak vs him. They say they don’t want hard counters, but he pretty much will be to her.

Genji makes playing Zen pretty rough too, yet you don’t see a steep decline in Zen pick rates in metal ranks. I think Kiriko just being cute anime waifu is enough for most people, even if they’re bad at her–look at all the d.VA mains trying to stop world hunger one meka at a time.

Something I haven’t seen anyone talk about:

OverWatch Coin(s) is a terrible name for a currency, premium or otherwise. Zero flavor, and has a constant feel of F2P.

It’s the kind of name you’d use when derisively talking about monetization.

Watchpoint Credits/Medals would’ve been a fun name, for example. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like
  1. Solace for Tired Feet

the bad feeling aim is my #1 issue with the small amount of time I put on the beta, felt awful.

Yes, but Zen can right click burst them down. Kiriko doesn’t have that.

Aaaaah, these are the important question, the things that literally effect my playtime and friends playtime.

OMG this is so much of the reason i don’t like OW2, it feels like aiming in a pool of syrup.

This would be a selling point to me.

They need to just leave them alone, they were happy. go the F away and let them fly about.

1 Like

surely the support that can teleport through walls and provide invincibility will have a better time than zen. zen can burst them down, but usually genji just deflects and kills the zen

Any metal rank Zen that’s landing volley consistently (or even using volley) doesn’t belong there.

Again, a lot of players pick heroes based on how they look/sound or how cool they think the hero is. There are far too many mains who are mains only because of how the hero looks, even if they’re dogwater with that hero.

1 Like

I’m not so sure about that, some people seem awfully concerned that she’s “pay to win” because she can cleanse antinade & possibly sleep dart which a lot of low/mid rank players complain about being OP. For those reasons alone she might see a decent amount of play on top of being really cool

Time will tell :slight_smile: I’m still betting she will.

Fortunately for low/mid rank players there aren’t very many teams that can coordinate a proper dive so I don’t see that being a huge issue

As I said, all she can do is run, and burning a 20 second cooldown would be a TOTAL win for Genji.

You don’t NEED a proper dive, that is part of the problem, all you need is a flanker, that is it.

One flanker isn’t really a huge deal in low/mid ranks, their mechanical skill is lacking and you’re unlikely to get killed in the same way you would by a high rank flanker

Well people are not queueing support because it IS a problem. Don’t try to tell me that supports queue happily queuing in the Beta.

Were you even on the beta forums? did you see the complaints?

1 Like

As I have for months I think you’re conflating issues.

You claim people aren’t queueing support because of flankers but I think it’s mostly been a lack of cool new things that both the tank & DPS role got, viola, we now have Kiriko which is imo cooler than both JQ & Sojourn and a ton of people are suddenly interested in playing support

Yea I was there, yea I saw them.

Cool and you think those people were lying?

There was no coherent front line, because people could just bypass it constantly, it was what gave it that death match feel.

?

• Right click their username on bnet
  • Set Friend Note…

P sure it expires, fun.