OW2 Rank system bug

I ranked up from bronze to top of Silver. I won all 5 of my ranked games to get promoted to gold and instead of getting promoted to gold it magically dropped me down to bottom of Bronze again. I repeat, i WON ALL 5 GAMES and NEVER lost a rank series. I sent blizzard a ticket and they send me an insulting copy and paste reply basically saying “well that sucks.” So, I rank all the way back up to silver, NEVER losing a 5 game series, then magically get dropped from top of Silver tier to the bottom of Bronze Tier AGAIN!! This time I dont even bother sending a ticket to Blizzard cuz I know they dont give a fk. For the third time I ranked up to Silver and I get dropped to the bottom of Bronze after winning my 5 game series. After this third time i send another ticket and yet another unhelpful response telling me to post in this stupid forum. So here I am, ranting about this rigged and bugged ranked system. (FYI this all happened within the span of the last 3 weeks)

4 Likes

I was at Platinum 3, ending my 5 win games, and got uprank from gold 3 to gold 1.

How the hell I can go from Platinum 3 to gold 1 begin uprank from gold 3. Theres no sense.

1. You cant loose more than 2 ranks (Platinum 3 → Gold 1 are more than 2 ranks).
  2. How the hell I get uprank from Gold 3 to Gold 1 if I was Plat 3?

Seems to be a bug with ranks between tiers.

2 Likes

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Assuming your win-loss ratio is positive, you might be experiencing the bug in which during a rerank, your initial rank is demoted five subdivisions before the adjustment takes place. There’s a ton of posts under my thread about players with those exact bugs if you’d like to read more about it: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. If you can, could you record your bugged rank adjustment, making sure that at some point in the video it shows your pre-adjustment rank, either from the queue menu or the career profile, and link that video to the thread? Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Just went from plat 2 to gold 1 in a rank up game, had 5 wins 1 loss, died 3 times in one of the games, rest of the games i died maybe once or twice, last 2 games 0 deaths… feels really fulfilling playing this game right now tbh… avrged about 35ish kills in all the games… i mean is this a joke?

last time this happend i went from diamond 3 to plat 1…

2 Likes