OW2? Nah? Lame, not fun, onto different things

Ya know that feeling when you’re very excited for something, then you never get it? haha yup, at least I do.

I’m not the biggest player (high rank or anything), but I’ve spent a ton of time in the game (~maybe 2K hours) and played it quite re-occurring with usually a few nights a week; also probably dumped ~1K into in game purchases and what not.

I was surprised when a few friends who hadn’t played in months and never did comp or anything (really only vs AI) and stuff got BETA and haven’t even used it or played yet.

They were all, didnt you get it? - Nope
I am surprised, you play it quite a lot? - Yup me too

After sitting on streams for 10’s of hours last couple days never got lucky with a drop, must’ve had numerous tabs open many times just hoping.

Gotta be honest (~rant), has had my care to even invest my time in OW2 or this niche franchise right out the window. The RNG gods or w/e algorithm dealt out the cards for OW2 participants have me feeling quite screwed over as a dedicated fan, and now I somewhat just have spite and barely have care to play it. Maybe that will play later, but i’m not going to be watching any more twitch crap hoping for a drop, just feels pathetic at this point.

I’m a bit more excited for hopefully D4 (someday), but its like the passion is broke pretty quick when you see people who barely getting it and you’ve been a strong fan through the lulled times over the last couple years and continued to support them, only to sit in the shadows of excitement from others who get the chance.

That is all, just wanted to share my opinion here, maybe the next time around blizzard. GLGL with your gaming, they should think things like this through deeper in the future, its not a good experience.

1 Like

I don’t understand. Did you or did you not play OW2?

Your story sounds like you just didn’t get a twitch drop so you couldn’t play it, but your title implies that you did but didn’t find it fun. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Did not play OW2, figured the title saying OW2 was clear enough, probably my bad.

It’s ok, felt like it was worth sharing the thoughts with the bliz forums in case the managers some day see it, they can learn from it.

Kinda like when a restaurant screws up your order pretty royally after you pay a lot for it, you just dont go back, but after so many hours in OW, they at least deserve to know what hurt one of their fans enough in the end game of OW1 to OW2 to say screw it, im out. Might play it again with some friends here or there, but screw keeping up the game and playing it a few times a week like a did, when friends who got into beta off the get go had been telling me to play other things, dead game, etc… yeah im the fool for thinking otherwise.

I dont care about any attempts to rectify it and dont care for access now, damage was done; slap in the face to a dedicated fan. Definitely done playing OW itself for quite a while, not sure if i’ll do it again, kind of killed the game for me after so many years of excitement and waiting only to be in the dark and left out.

I don’t want the drops, and not going to try anymore; i was pretty much expecting get into the beta through an initial e-mail, not watching 100s hours of streams for drops. Pretty crappy, heck I was in the closed beta for OW1 and been playing it since and kept it up.

Just massively disappointed, enough to lose the love for it, at least for anything remaining where I pursue individual efforts outside maybe a random friday night if friends push for it, what a waste of time invested.

TGIF through Trilly and have a good one.

1 Like

Never spend so much money on a game like this.

I do support indie devs like klei. They give you tons of free stuff regular, updates, dev streams, answer regular on the forums or when you write them a mail… I never regret to buy skins for dont starve together.

Being a lvl 3k+ player myself currently in the beta I can calm you: you probably wouldn’t enjoy it anyway.
It’s a different game, and I consider it way worse than what OW1 is now.

Think about this for a second: They left Zarya as is. Zarya. Being dependant on another tank to synergize with. Her kit is THE SAME but cooldowns are bigger - which is half irrelevant anyway since 90% of the time you have nobody in front of you to throw your E at anyway. That alone is a reason to question the sanity of the devs that released this.
YES, it is a beta. But releasing THIS as a first peek at OW2? Wow.

The way the whole “beta enlisting” was handled with website registration for virtually nobody to be chosen and then the “streamer event with access to all peasants who watched four hours of streams” fits right on the list of disastrous decisions making Blizzard what it is today.

1 Like

There was no RNG involved in getting the beta key other than the Day 1 drops. If you watched one of the approved streamers during Day 2 for 4 hours, you got the key.

Apparently there were some issues for some people so read over this thread and see if it solves your issue

but for the most part, people having problems just hadn’t linked their Bnet and Twitch accounts and thus couldn’t install even if they got the drop.

If it still doesn’t work, some OWL teams are doing give aways and there will be keys given out during OWL opening week end.

i was pretty much expecting get into the beta through an initial e-mail

this happened for remarkably few people, and the account’s play time, age, etc, had nothing to do with it. It was just a lotto.

WHICH was an event on a weekday where most adults had to work, the time window was a “one time eight hour” one where the viewer had to watch four consistent hours in one go.

Leaving the whole drama about mess-ups and technical problems on the side:

THIS EVENT WAS NEVER ANNOUNCED IN AN OFFICIAL EMAIL OR SOMETHING.

They made it a “we pay streamers to roll the hype train out” thing that pretty heftily backfired if you read comments about the event on the forums. Not the problems, not the beta, the event and how it was “announced and handled”.

They’ve always announced things by Twitter.

You didn’t have to be there when it started anyways. I left for Uni before it started and spent 80% of the time period on campus, and all I had to do was just steam link remote control to get to twitch.

Right, Twitter.

Ironically enough they DO have my email and they DID send me an email on the first day when the actual “lottery” beta tickets were sent out: It was an info email on the Diablo Immortal release.

Do I have to mention how it was explicitly disappointing to open that email expecting a beta invite and just reading the sender (Blizzard or Battle.net, don’t even remember right now)?

I got that email too so I know

Still, at the very least everything OW related has always been announced through Twitter OR the battle net launcher. No reason to expect it to change for this event.

So… you try hard to defend Blizzard for the (mis-)organization of the beta changing about every aspect about the game with the logic that it makes no sense to change things?
Ooookay, let’s leave it right there, then.

This post looks like the guy who never calls out of work, always stays late, and then expected the company to notice or care. You either have to know the right person, or be in the right place at the right time. At work and to get into this beta.

I’m not saying I agree with it, because I don’t use Twitter and would have probably would not have known either if I didn’t frequent the forums. That’s just how it is.

Oh man, he’s off to play different things… Now we’ll never see him here ever again.

1 Like

If you didn’t play it, how do you know its not fun?