"OW2 less strategic and deathmatchy"

Say what you want about double shield, but it is a valid strategy (of having strong defense and wearing your opponent down with pokes). What you said about positioning being important is more about “tactics” and less about “strategy”.

9 Likes

While true, I feel like there’s some fundamentals being missed by the Dev team.

It was mentioned that maps would be designed to have better, natural cover to encourage positioning, but most of the new maps appear to not have this in mind — or, they only have it for a small portion of the overall map.

honestly you are right i keep getting tactics and strategy confused, i do think now double shield isnt a thing it maybe opens up different ways to play but i could be wrong, right now we only really have overwatch league to tell how different it is however overwatch league is less that .1% of the playerbase so hard to judge right now

but you are right as in i got tactics and strat confused

i agree its been a bit confusing when it comes to new map design

nothing tactical about long range dps

OW2 is just a cod warfare lobby but worse

8 Likes

This guy knows what he’s talking about, he’s plat dps player

Regen is fine as it is, and is powerful. There’s often ways to catch a breather and regen.

Stop with this nonsense of Supports being weak and constantly needing buffs.

If you aren’t having fun because you don’t like the direction they’re going, fine, but they aren’t weak. I’m specifically stating, the Support passive is good in it’s current iteration. Down from being over-tuned to possibly broken during the first phase of the beta.

The removal of THREE stuns did this? (One from each role btw) Because the shields and synergy are definitely still there. You just have a better likelihood of being let down by bad tank/etc now that teamwork is a little more tight knit
Because enemy team picked blank you can no longer switch to Cass to stun it until they realize they are countered and switch. Can you see why they changed that? Mind you, there will STILL be people saying “great they picked blank, it’s gg because no one will kill it”
Which again, means your team is just not being a team.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to explain this for months at this point, that the team who works together will absolutely have a better chance of winning just like it is in OW1. There might be some room to ‘solo carry’ but it’s not team deathmatch, or deathmatch, or CoDWatch or anything like what people claim. Most heroes have very complex kits that the majority absolutely won’t ever understand and that’s just in the hero department, maps and modes all have different synergies, strategies, and game sense requirements that the majority will never click with.

I am literally gold elo at best and I understand this basic concept. It’s wild to me that others on these forums do not get this for some reason. I know I am bad, I know that most of what I do is wrong, but I also know that if I tried to deviate from my team to “solo carry” and play the game like its “deathmatch” then I am ultimately throwing and going to lose, any real problems only happen in high diamond and nothing lower than that.

1 Like

I don’t know what kind of mental gymnastics it requires to think it’s meant to be a flex, it’s facts. Majority of who still play OW like the current state that it’s in, everyone else already left. So when you say

You are actually talking about a version of the game that’s very reminiscent of what OW2 is and people who still remain, unsurprisingly to no one, don’t like it.

It literally isn’t, it’s moving away from it by reducing CC, by reducing shields and by reducing overall sustain. We are not getting more sustain, we are not getting more shields, we are not getting more hard CC.

What are you talking about? Perfect aim has absolutely nothing to do with it and the majority of metas we have had has had very little traditional aim based heroes involved. Your game knowledge is filled with made up nonsense.

It’s not surprising that you don’t get the point when you argument is “we need to go back to what made OW good at the start” but also don’t understand what it is that actually made it good.

What strategies have been lost that can’t be done in OW2 by using a different combination of heroes?

You can still play deathball/rush, you can still play dive, you can still play shield poke/bunker, what’s missing?

3 Likes

Because it is not a traditional shooter and i dont kbow why its so hard for you to understand or maybe you just do not do and you do not do coachings. Or just coachings for plats.

I play siege, ive played csgo, i play fortnite with a friend… If i wanna play a shooter i do.
Pls try harder to sound smart because u dont.

Hiding behind walls where you dont know whats happening because peaking against a decent widow is a death sentence IS BORING… And ow2 is still not a shooter because not every hero does have the same kill potential.

5 Likes

Not being a traditional shooter in the way that it takes from other genres, not that it detracts from its own. The thing you continuously fail to comprehend is that “not being a traditional shooter” doesn’t mean that you don’t have to know how to play a shooter.
Standing in the open without a shield in front of you is a pretty dumb idea in OW2 as well as OW1, because you are going to get shot.

The whole idea about the non FPS characters in the game is that they have abilities/resources that allows them to defy the rules of a shooter for a limited time. Shields break for a reason.

Hiding behind a shield being able to see but not interact with anything but a shield for the majority of time is not fun either. Even when you play shield comps vs. shield comps the objective is still to break the enemy team’s shields so you can actually shoot them which also forces people to hide behind cover. Having the shield break contest is not fun, no one cares about it.

Every character having the same kill potential is not what makes a shooter a shooter.

Being toxic doesn’t help prove your point, it just makes you seem less intelligent and immature.

2 Likes

Oh now youre being just subjective.

It may not be fun to you but for others. I know how to play a traditional shooter and iam sorry if you feel the need to explain ot to me because iam not one of your imaginary coaching puppies.

You just said use cover, i told you its boring. Especially against certain heroes. Now your saying shields are bot fUN.

Thanks for the talk. Lol

3 Likes

You aren’t? Your entire argument is based around subjective opinions. “Hiding behind cover isn’t fun” then why is it something that’s core to every shooter. If it’s such an unfun mechanic it would have been changed in every game.

I never said whether hiding behind cover was fun or not. I said hiding behind a shield for cover and not being able to to interact with the enemies in any meaningful way isn’t much better than not being able to see them whenever you have to break LoS.

Also never said that shield are bot fun, whatever that’s supposed to mean. I don’t care whether you dislike having to use cover, that’s what you have to expect from a shooter, it’s part of the game. Even with all the shields of OW you still eventually have to use cover.

1 Like

This forum does not deserve any communication from blizz. I have been here for many years but it has never been this disrespectful towards blizz employees that want to engage with the community.

Blizz ignoring the forum even more is in their best interest. You guys are brats

1 Like

You have been coaching players? Roooight roooight…

5 Likes

People can argue the point all day long.

For me, the bottom line is I don’t enjoy OW2 as much as OW. Ultimately, that’s all I care about.

I played more OW than OW2 during the latest beta because I had more fun, and I want to spend my time doing what’s more fun.

When there’s no choice between OW2 and OW, I’ll probably still play it, but not as much.

6 Likes

Yes they do.

Nobody’s claiming that OW requires a ton of strategizing, although OW2 certainly requires less.

With CC being toned down there’s less things stopping ults so you have less to think about, most of the time if your ult is up you just use it. Don’t have to worry about Cree flash or Brig stun anymore. Flankers don’t have to worry much about CC and plan to “wait it out” before going in.

With less shields you don’t have to anticipate and plan for “when the shield is down”, there usually just isn’t one. And because there’s less shields and tanks are beefier they don’t have to think much about dying instantly anymore and how to avoid that, they just go all in.

The new game mode has huge maps which make your positioning less important due to the increased number of places you can get flanked and sniped from.

So yes, because of all these things and more the game is objectively less strategic.

8 Likes

Anyone who claims that OW doesn’t have a ton of strategy and tactics is wrong. OW is a very complex game, so much so that most of the playerbase don’t actually understand it. It’s a hard game disguised in a package that’s appealing to more people.

We lost what, 2 hard stuns? Did everyone always play Cass and Brig? Was OW played without these two heroes less strategic?

What? Regardless of how many shields there are you still have to break each of them, the anticipation and planning for when the shield is down is still there with 1 shield, the only difference is that you don’t have to anticipate and prepare for another shield to be thrown at you so you can do it all over again, hopefully in the time it takes before another shield is ready to be used. All having multiple shields does is prolonging it, which I don’t see any positives to. No one says, “oh boy I had so much fun shooting this shield, I get so excited thinking about having to shoot another one next and then being able to shoot the enemies after that!”.

Tanks having more suitability means they can do more than just stay alive and only think about staying alive. If you int in OW2 you are still going to die. You are just not reliant on someone else picking the thing that has synergy with you and then actually also doing what they are supposed to for you to be able to do something.

This literally makes positioning more important, you have to take flank routes into accounts when positioning and think about what places are best for you to be instead of just expecting most of the enemies to come from the front with occasional people on the flank.

2 Likes

We’re talking about viable options here. Heavy defense + poke is no longer an option. Shield poke in OW2 is a joke. OWL teams use Sigma in Circuit Royal just a way to hold the line while waiting for the sniper-typed heroes (Widow/Hanzo/Sojourn) to get a pick. And what bunker? I haven’t seen any bunker play so far.

9 Likes

Probably because that wasn’t healthy to have. This is what double shield is and it’s awful. It’s being replaced by Sigma where you can’t just sit behind barriers forever and shoot at the enemy team. No one is currently playing a slow defensive comp because there’s no reason to atm. But I don’t think it’s impossible to do something of the sort.

What do you want shield poke to be? Extended periods of time shooting at nothing but shields? That in itself is a joke.

2 Likes