[OW2] How to solve Widow/Hanzo

It’s pretty reasonable if you think of PVE as a marketing campaign for PVP.

And otherwise pulling in players who wouldn’t have played PVP.

That is true. I guess in that sense it would serve its purpose.

There would need to be a certain amount of damage required to reset charge, otherwise Reaper, JQ, Roadhog and Dva could pepper them from the other side of the map and make them useless.

Well that’s kinda the point. The vast majority of the heroes would have some way to prevent instant kills.

Ranged instant kills don’t need to be dominant in a game where +90% of the heroes don’t have ranged instant kills.

What if it added recoil instead? You could still counter the recoil/power through it though it would be difficult.

Smaller damage, like a DVa shooting from across the map, would recoil the Widow’s aim slightly but they could power through. This would buy people time to get away though.

Big damage like an Ashe shooting them would recoil it a lot and would take longer to move the aim back.

Maybe for Widow.

But the point with Hanzo was to make him weaker at close range.

As opposed to it merely being a skill matchup at close range, whether or not a close range hero wins against a hero that can currently dump more raw bodyshot damage than a Reaper for the duration of a single arrow + storm arrows.

God no, this would kill the heroes completely. 125? What? Ashe literally deals 170 per crit with a faster fire rate than widow and hanzo lmao.

That’s the issue with Hanzo, he has no weakness at close range.
Even playing him myself I see this.

Well in that case, what would be your thoughts on a change like this for a Hanzo, and something else for Widow.

tbh i know way more players that stopped playing because of the absurd healing output in the game, rather than because of snipers (actually nobody i know stopped playing because of snipers)

I wonder how a ramping damage based on distance would work for him? Longer an arrow travels, more damage it does.

It is harder to hit enemies at long range with Hanzo than at close to mid range.

Well they could put that no StormArrow.

Because magic arrows don’t need to follow the laws of physics.

They could also get wacky with it and do something like:
Close range arrows do less damage but slow an enemy for a short time.

Would take longer for the Hanzo to kill the enemy at close range, but would give them a chance to get away instead of just going for the kill flat out.

I think if they wanted to give him better escape options, then just buff his lunge range.

But also, in this scenario he’d still have the ability to oneshot at close range with his normal arrow

You know OW2 is decently balanced when people start making up problems to solve.
Yeah no, nothing to solve my dude.

1 Like

Thats the point , widow is frustrating for enemy . It should be cumbersome for the widow too .

WOW
(20 characters )

Lol imagine being ratioed L in every thread you make, well take my free bumps

You realise you want a genji with more than zen dmg at that point can you stop mutilating heroes.

Nah we should gatekeep the entire moba fanbase. I’m sick of them ruining the game

1 Like