OW2 Freezing after one Match

Every other match I play immediately freezes the screen when I select my hero forcing me to restart my computer.

Edit: 10-9-2022

This solution worked for me! Hopefully it can help others out there [Main Thread] Game freezing with Intel i3 / Dual core CPUs - #2172 by Galm1-11347 - Technical Support - Overwatch Forums

2 Likes

Same problem. Can’t finish one match, the game freezes in the middle of the match.

1 Like

Same, tried messing around with the settings but it always freezes at frequent rate.

Afraid to try more since I have received the leaver penalty multiple times from the more promising, yet dead end, attempts that I took into QP.

1 Like

I messed around some more and so far have done 10+ matches without any issues, aside from a split second freeze which could have been a sudden frame drop.

Don’t know if I can attach a pic, so just gonna list my video settings from Dynamic scaling. Display to FoV is untouched.

Dynamic scaling: on
Render scale: auto
Framerate: custom (mine is desired: 30, max: 60. Don’t know how much it matters, it always defaulted to that when changing graphic settings, so I just left it alone)
Vsync: on
Triple buffering: off
Reduce buffering: on
I have Nvidia reflex on, but that is graphic card dependent so who knows if it matters.

Everything else is left untouched, but I do have my Graphic quality set to low aside from model quality at high

Hope this can help because the freezing sucks.

1 Like

thanks man, looks like it worked for me

2 Likes

Update since the freeze still persisted with those settings.

Blizzard is aware of the issue and it seems to be related to Intel cpu’s.

There does seem to also be a temporary fix, been running several replays without a hitch (one of my replays always causes the freeze, it working is a good sign to me).

If you go to blizzard launcher,
overwatch game settings,
click the command line box
copy this “–tank_WorkThreadCount 2 -thread 2 -d3d11” click done and relaunch the launcher it should work.

Edit: this is the video someone linked in the main thread, it has the command code in the discription. COMO RESOLVER PROBLEMAS DE CONGELAMENTO, TRAVAMENTO, TELA PRETA NO OVERWATCH 2 - YouTube

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/main-thread-game-freezing-with-intel-i3-dual-core-cpus/695966/553