OW2 Doom just isn't fun

OW2 Doom is very fun. It’s nice not getting deleted for poking my head out

If you died before engaging with Doom you wasn’t playing him right.

Dying while engaged sure

But this goes to prove how much the skill ceiling is lowered

To be fair, that’s mostly because they don’t want people obsessing about one particular method to achieve a design goal. (i.e. Mass Rez Mercy) Where as, if you’ve seen my posting style, I’m never too attached to a particular method, and constantly spitballing design approaches.

But even if that method is never used, I believe it still provides a lot of context of the general direction a desired nerf or buff is headed.

But also yeah, a lot of people aren’t looking at Overwatch as something like an “Ecosystem”. And are just concerned with their one piece of the puzzle, while ignoring the knock-on effects that will have to do with balance in the rest of the game.

Either way, I still think it’s way more effective to use the approach I’ve listed above. And this comes not just from my experience for Overwatch 1, but also from my experience from PlanetSide 1. Where, for example, I designed all the specific warpgate interactions between all of the 10 continents, for like 40 or so warpgates. Or used a crappy MSPaint drawing to show how ground vehicle should have the same hotdrop mechanics as airdrop vehicles. Among the 40 or so changes I got into that game by forum feedback.

That said, at a bare minimum, if it’s not blindingly obvious about the gist of the point you’re trying to make within the first 10sec, that’s a waste of time.

it is strange. right now in random games with this beta the tank that scares me the most is orisa then winston right after. even though people are saying hog is terrible he still scares the crap outta me and i make space for him or dont get in his way lol.

doomfist seems real weak but i know he is new and people are still learning him. its crazy how that owl player danteh just dominated with him. i was like what … that dont happen in my random games on the beta lol

Sir I play Doom because I like punching people in the mouth with my big metal fist. If I wanted to play a character based on skill shots Doom would be one of the last.

Sure making his primary be his main damage source makes him require more skill shots, but at that point I’m just going to play Hog, or a dps character like Hanzo or Widow.

1 Like

You have literally been replied to personally by a community manager telling you the exact opposite?!

1 Like

I’m replying with my extensive direct experience from what I’ve seen gets results.

you have no idea what gets results, you aren’t on the dev team

1 Like

Yeah, I’m on the forums making suggestions to game developers, and either seeing results from my actions, or having a fine tune understanding of the types of changes devs will go for.

while i think it should be patched to block those things and similar, its cause its a frontal 90% damage reduction not an projectile destroyer, it’ll take reduced damage from beams which ignore orisa’s spin, just different mechanics for the 2 abilities

Doom becoming a tank is another means to a lazy end. They probably didn’t know how to balance him for OW2 so they made him into a tank at the last minute

1 Like