OW2 Doom just isn't fun

I try to play him and get hype and I’ve always enjoyed front line Doom but with the removal of uppercut and how long it takes it have block ready it negates the flow the character once had.

The fluidity, the options, the feeling of distilling fear into your opponent is all gone.

Do I have success with him? Yes. Is it enjoyable? NOOOOOOO

I actually have more fun with new Winston now than Doom. That should’ve never happened.

13 Likes

I swear it feels like you’re playing total mayhem.
You never die and never kill anything. It’s so boring.

15 Likes

Couldn’t agree more, ow1 doom is technically worse in terms of impact but at least he was fun. Different combos, rollouts setting up high risk high reward type interactions to get kills (even though you got melted 99% of the time).
Idk what it is but doom in ow2 is just really boring compared to the other tanks.
Power block is so boring compared to uppercut.

9 Likes

Doom feels very disruptive in his play, a ton like how Ball was disruptive… so much that they buffed Ball because Doomfist was a better version of Ball.

I do think Winston is probably more Lethal than Doom, and D.va for that matter. At the same time, I would have never associated Ball to be played the same style as Winston or D.va either… so… disruption.

Doom is there to cause chaos - it’s pretty fun.

OW1 Doom… Come on, it’s really just how fast can you suddenly kill someone and get out. It’s a body Widow with more play and awareness on the map.

1 Like

It’s not though…
I’ve got over 600 hours on doom and he’s boring af in ow2, if I could revert him back to dps I’d do it in a heartbeat even if he stayed terrible.

9 Likes

Thanks for reminding me.
Why. Do. Sleep. And. Javelin. Go. Through. Power. Block.
But not through Orisa’s spin :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Or sigmas grasp! Oh wait it’s because the devs hate doom and fear gold players crying about him…

3 Likes

OW2 Doom… Come on, it’s really just how long you can stay alive and be annoying. It’s a Hammond with pathetic damage.

5 Likes

I’m on console so my opinion isn’t as well formed but I think they should buff his damage, 40 damage max on a wall punch while empowered is pathetic. Even Zenyatta’s new kick does more damage than that

It’s 70 on max when it hits a wall but yeh I agree he needs more damage.

1 Like

Hammond doesn’t really have high damage either though because he’s used for disrupting the team and staying alive. Constant harass.

Winston and D.va, they’re more intended to jump in and kill.

1 Like

Bro has 20 hours on doom he doesn’t know why ow1 doom is more fun lol

3 Likes

Alright more pathetic damage.
It’s like hitting people with wet paper towels.
And about as fun as wiping my bum with sand paper.

1 Like

What? Hammond rolling in, slamming and bursting squishy heroes down is his thing…

3 Likes

What’s so crazy is no matter what if you kill them as doom they will complain.

Zbra’s video proved just that as when they get outplayed they just complain about the character

8 Likes

Heartbreaking to go back to OW1 with 125 slam again. It’s criminal that they made it do 50 damage.

3 Likes

Oh I see, at least that’s better, I was thinking of the unempowered version. It should probably be 75 max unempowered and 100 max if empowered or something idk

Ima be honest he didn’t even need a rework you could have lowered slam and punch damage and gave him 0.2 uppercut back and he wouldn’t have been oppressive at all.
Talking like 180 max wall punch damage and slam being capped at like 90-100dmg.

1 Like

I think it should be 150. Tracer shouldn’t be able to live me outplaying her with not one, but 2 abilities.

1 Like

Give him 120 rocket punch dmg :eyes:
Or 150 to one shot tracer with the outplay

1 Like