OW2 beta choices sus

For the longest time, testing phases for video games were only part of internal development. Being selected to test a technical build for further game development isn’t meant to be a loyalty reward. There is no conspiracy, just balance testing, bug fixing, and game stability on a variety of PC builds.

Playing game a lot doesn’t make you entitled to be in the beta.

Answering your question: I’m playing regularly, I’m in. You are not missing much.

Understood. but now it’s being auctioned off for participation in content viewing, i.e. free marketing assistance by improving popularity.

Then, I want to rephrase my question:
How many people are signed up for the Beta with an email that offered them access through the opt-in process? show of hands/replies to get an idea.

Me, never once watched a stream, and got access
Maybe they also want fresh new players to give feedback and not just 100% veteran players tho lol

2 Likes

That’s fair. So you would agree this is more of a marketing beta for Twitch communities and new players?
On that note, who do you think would provide better testing data: players that play OW or players that don’t even play OW?

I checked this site, it’s not a guaruntee, it’s entrance into a sweepstakes. Even worse, just dangling a carrot to force us to watch OWL. Pure marketing ploy.

Does that mean if I claimed the beta on the wrong account there’s nothing you can do

I don’t think you can “claim” the beta on the wrong account. It’s chosen or the account is linked to whatever marketing promotion you joined for access.

I claimed the beta on an old account and I cant access it

Were you told thru email you have beta access?
From what we’ve been told, their are no keys to “claim” beta access. If the account was chosen for the beta and you don’t see it in the launcher, that’s a support ticket.

It was my twitch that was linked to the wrong battle net

RIP lol. Its stuck with that account lol. You can try support if you really can’t access the account. I hope you get lucky and get a solution.

I’ve opted-in for the beta like a month or two ago. Got no email.

Got in beta via Twitch drop.

I’m gonna be really honest with you, your reasons are quite petty and it is pretty random since me and my friends also got access and we’ve been playing every day. it is still a closed beta and there is a chance u dont get picked. suck it up and stay excited its worth it! <3