OW1's Final Day

bake at 350 for 2 hours, going to miss ow1, but looking forward to ow2.

1 Like

Personally, I’ve found the Level Entrance for After Alterna in Splatoon 3 to be quite the… mood fitting theme, weirdly enough.

But tbh, the Final Hours from Majora’s Mask work incredibly well, too.

You can’t say “FINAL DAY” and expect me to not think of Majora’s Mask :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Touché. :laughing:

1 Like

Anyone that plays double shield or stuns today gets dogpiled

U dont get to ruin today

1 Like

It’s been an incredible six years with this game. There are so many moments I’ve loved, so many moments I’ve hated, and most of all, so many moments that I won’t forget. This game is truly special in the hearts of many players, so today is quite an emotional day. I want everyone to make the best of the last day, smile at all the stupidity the game brings, and leave each game on a high note, whether win or loss.

I hope to see all of you out on the battlefield today, playing your mains, maybe even playing your original mains for some nostalgia. Whatever you do today, make it a good day.

Some of you will be staying behind, others will be continuing on this journey and into a new chapter of Overwatch. Good luck, and have fun!

4 Likes

I’d rather remember the best about Overwatch, then let the bad taint it. I’d like to leave this game to rest in good faith.

Agreed. Overwatch is a game set in a time where awful things are going on in the wider world, but at the very least, there are heroes out there who stand up to bring the best out in people. That’s my take away c:

1 Like

Feeling great. A game I used to love that got reduced to rubble after 2019 and has been nothing but a sad, rotting corpse since is finally getting a new, fresh overhaul that it needed, with a lot of content on the way and most of all, a brand new PvE coming soon. I couldn’t be more excited than I already am.

1 Like

While I do feel a bit sentimental watching old clips from 2017 with scatter and level 3 Torb turret, after spending a little over 3000h on the game it feels more like the content in OW1 has been exhausted than anything else, to the point where I barely play the game anymore.
I won’t miss it. The game is getting an overhaul, but it’s not like it’s going away.

1 Like

Being a Cricket mobile customer who cannot buy a new phone plan…

I’m feeling pretty bad. Mostly because this is the last day I will legally be allowed to play Overwatch.

3 Likes

This is not how I imagined the last day. I wanted to take the time to play and end the Overwatch 1 with good memories. But 13 games played, 12 games were with trolls, afk, In one match I played 5v6 for almost the entire match because the sh*tty MM couldn’t find a tank… Worst end ever…

1 Like

Is your phone cricket mobile?

If so, you may wanna check… this could be your last day allowed in the game.

2 Likes

My clan had our last in-house 6v6 last night. It was a pure social experience, we weren’t tryharding this time, and a lot of people were drinking.

I’m feeling mildly hungover.

I got to get yelled at for playing Junkertown Bastion, I messed up and basically ruined our King’s Row game, I played a terrible Hog and an excellent Ana, and the night ended with a well-played, tough fought draw on Blizzard World. Good times.

Edit: I should (proudly) point out that I got yelled at by the enemy team.

Edit 2: We even played Paris. Suck it, rest of the Overwatch community!

1 Like

What time is finished? How many hours left?

1 Like

8:00AM, Pacific Time tomorrow.

1 Like

It actually doesn’t shut down until 01:30 Pacific October 3rd. We have all day and most of the night.

Seems we have conflicting info. Regardless of who is correct, we have all day at least.

2 Likes

I remember a few articles mentioning 8AM PST, and others mentioning 12PM EST (the same as 8 Eastern Time), although I’m open to my info being wrong. I’m sure some people would enjoy the few extra hours left, at least.

It sounds like this is a glitch that might be resolved some time soon. I don’t remember Cricket differing from other MVNOs – cellular service resellers – in any significant way, and the vast majority of them seem to be working fine, if :robot::man_mage:t2:’s wiki thread is accurate.

1 Like

We can only hope, but I doubt it.

1 Like