OW1 Requires Phone Number Today Too

BTW, ow1 does not currently force you to add a phone number to play. you can press “I already added a phone number” and get into the game.

1 Like

You are using a cheap phone compagny that is explicitely done to bypass law and regulations, including reguled prices law, and finance illegal or reprehensible activities.

Blizzard is trying to instaure regulation to make the quality of the game better and you are crying that your phone compagny that is made to bypass rules and regulations is not working?

Cope harder

Interesting. Seems like the checks aren’t implemented atm then. Either way, those who haven’t done so and curious if their number may or may not work, should try to add their number.

1 Like

You’re literally proving yourself to be as delusional as I claimed you might be.

4 Likes

What? no, that is not what they are doing.

1 Like

Absolutely insane take lmao

2 Likes

i don’t know actually :thinking:

There is law in place in most countries for provider or services. These internet phone compagny bypass them.

They are throwable numbers, hard to trace and are used in various criminal activities.

Do you buy everything you can afford, even if you don’t need it?

I have a cheep land line, and I have a cheep prepaid cellphone phone. That’s all I need.

The combined cost of my landline and my prepaid cell phone is less than half of what I would pay for a postpaid plan. Why would I buy a postpaid plan if I don’t need it, even if I can afford it? It would be a waste of money.

If I got a postpaid plan, it would be PURELY to play OW2. I want to play OW2, but not that badly.

Hopefully OW2 will accept my prepaid phone (I’ll try it out when OW2 launched, not before). If it doesn’t, I guess I won’t be paying OW2. I want to play OW2, not badly enough to pay the monthly fees of a postpaid phone plan.

But that isn’t their only use. I use them when I travel, because the price is consistent across countries.

They are not using it for illegal activities, they are using it because regular SMS services don’t serve their area.

Their reasoning is a legal, and reasonable one.

You are delusional of you think it is not the case

Of course since they bypass local laws

And no, he could have a landline he just don’t want to pay the price of it.

I have a prepaid and it let me verify it sooo

1 Like

I use google Fi. They have reciprocal agreements.

Most countries don’t support SMS on landlines.

Well if that is the case for google, it should work with Overwatch.

For the rest of them, they do bypass local law. In my country, we had scandals of american corporations not wanting to respect local laws, and sadly no possibility to enforce the law for some diplomatic reason I am sure.

I am pretty sure most of internet phone compagny are playing on administrative blind spot in most countries.

Literally can’t. Did you miss the part where I told you the phone company removed their lines years ago?

Do they though? You are transmitting data, you are paying for that data to be transmitted.

it would be hard to make wifi calling illegal without making say… Overwatch illegal. Or at least discord illegal.

I get that US companies LOVE to be problems in all kinds of countries though.

In most countries there is law around offering telecommunication services, mostly phones, tv and internet. They have to respect prices and regulation about it.

But like I said they play around blind spot. That doesn’t make them legal.

Tho for skype or telegram and that kind of stuff it is different. But there is no phone numbers associated to it.

I would find it weird for a country to have a law to make VOIP illegal. No Zoom, no Discord, no overwatch voice, no…

It would be super weird.

we DID have the local telco try this on years ago, but the govt slapped them down specifically for even trying.

That no, but having a local phone number attached to it that is another story.