OW1 Requires Phone Number Today Too

For those unaware, OW1 now requires a phone number as well to play today. Check to see if your number works and also keep in mind, you get banned on this number in OW1, it’ll be banned for OW2.

3 Likes

works!

did anyone playing today notice better match quality?

2 Likes

I’d be interested to hear the opinions on this ha

1 Like

“To prevent abuse, we are requiring users to register a unique mobile number to play this game for free”.

OW1 isn’t free. Why is this garbage being turned on already?

4 Likes

Oof I was gonna log in to take screenshots of my stats from this account :skull:

I’ll try when my medicine kicks in :hatched_chick: haven’t played much lately

1 Like

hehe thanks. i may jump on if the matchmaking is better and people play their part more

1 Like

Queue are way longer rn for me in qp :hatched_chick: so i think that tons are out

1 Like

You definitely don’t see as many low level accounts as before the requirement.

4 Likes

Yep stars only in my match

1 Like

niiiice sounds more fun already

Good. This is a good thing.

1 Like

It’s a good thing that people are no longer able to play on accounts that have thousands of hours played because “Don’t you people have phones”? Grow up.

7 Likes

Wow, OW literally changed overnight! Ha, I have to agree this seems like a really good things

2 Likes

the two matches I played today was 2 of the worst matches I played all year

i mean, plenty of pre-paid providers globally allow battlenet verification, mine included. im sure you can keep your number on a different provider

Why are they doing that if they are only going to shut it down?

I’m sorry but it’s hard to believe people own expensive things like a PC or console and a video game that costs from $40 - $60 but cannot buy a cheap phone which is basically essential for living in this day and age.

Either way, if you can’t afford a phone then sadly you aren’t the target audience anyway for OW2 - they want people with money, not people who just want to play the game they love. (Also I’ve been waiting to not be able to play, since it says no prepaid, but my prepaid phone number has verified successfully multiple times so ???)

2 Likes

I have the means to buy a phone. I’m not poor, however; I’m not going to pay for a cellphone plan I do not need and won’t be able to use due to me living in an area cellphone service is not available.

2 Likes

I hope that the ones who have a pre-paid plan or something similar for legitimate reasons do find a way to play OW1/OW2. After all, it’s to combat something negative and those legitimate players should not have to be affected by it.

1 Like