OW Settings Not Saving, Acting like New install

OW is now opening as if it is a brand new install. The Opening Video Sequence plays, and settings are default. I can change the settings, and save them. Play. Exit the game. But open up OW again, and it loses any settings that were changed.

This is opening through the BN Launcher. Only started today for me.

Edit: Ok, now everytime I close OW, it wants to update.

Says it updates to 1.35.0.1.57230 everytime

Edit 2: Fixed the update problem by End all blizzard related processes (agent.exe). But main issue still exists

Edit 3: Haha update problem is still there. Repeating the update process over and over.

This happens when the app can’t write to your drive. Try the steps mentioned by this user who experienced the same problem: Overwatch not Saving your Settings. Solution!

Controlled folder access is already turned off. Also, I run BNet as administrator to see if that helps, still doesn’t work.

BNet updater asks for permission sometimes, and I give it access.

You may want to try a new admin account. Blizzard Support - Creating a New Administrator Account

If you grant permissions, you shouldn’t be seeing it pop-up again, unless you are reinstalling.

Solved it, I guess? Turns out to be somehow related to another, unrelated drive (that OW isn’t even installed on). Fixed that drive (the wiring came loose in my computer and I just fixed that), and then when rebooted, everything came out fine.

Not sure why Overwatch seems to care about other drives other than the one it is installed on. (OW is installed on D drive, and I could be transferring big files from E to G and OW will stutter to a standstill)

Hey Sycklius,

Overwatch settings are stored in user documents folder. This would typically be C drive unless some custom windows configuration has been done. If this was the problem drive I’m not surprised that resolved the issue.

Super glad to hear things worked out!

Yup, totally makes sense now that you mention it. I move everything I possibly can off my C drive (SSD) to keep writes down and moved it to a different drive (that is also different than my OW install). And it was that drive that I had the issue with.