OW opens then closes immediately

I tried scanning and repairing but it didn’t work. No clue why. It opens and then closes within 5 seconds, I don’t even see anything it’s just a black screen, then closes.

5 Likes

The same thing is happening to me, and I’ve done literally everything to try and fix it

1 Like

Still happens to me, no clue how to fix it.

Guess blizz doesn’t want my money for the overwatch retribution thingy. lol

1 Like

Hang tight there everyone, there are some reasons why Overwatch may be closing unexpectedly. First off one of the most common reasons behind this problem has been users who use Razer branded products may have the Razer Chroma SDK installed. If this is the case, please uninstall that program from the Windows Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs. (You do not have to uninstall Razer Synapse.)

Otherwise, these steps may help:

37 Likes

Wow thanks tons - that worked!

Awesome :smiley:

4 Likes

Glad to hear it. Hopefully this program’s problems will be fixed soon so that you can access the chroma features while playing Overwatch.

3 Likes

I tried everything also, My PC legit hard locks when it works fine for everything else.

blizzard killed themselves with this update.

SO HELPFUL, THANK YOU SO MUCH! I’ve been on every single thread and all of them havn’t helped. I was skeptical but still tried this out, and it worked!

2 Likes

worked for me. much love u saved my night

2 Likes

Sheesh, what a strange problem. Thanks for the solution! I was bracing myself for a long fruitless hunt!

Wow, thanks. This worked. Interesting though, because the program was on here for a long time and it worked. It just recently started breaking the game.

I’m glad you mentioned going into the control panel and uninstalling from there. I tried everything including uninstalling Chroma from within the Razor Synapse Suit. When that didn’t work and other options also failed I uninstalled the entire Razor Synapse Suit; still nothing. However when I opened up the control panel there it was…Chroma SDK was still alive. Like an infection it had to be rooted out and burned away! Once it was gone the game booted right up with no issue. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

1 Like

Or just restart your pc. Worked for me xD

1 Like

still works in 2019 :wink:

thanks, you truely helped which quite rare for a forum :heart:

1 Like

Thanks, first method tried and it actually worked. I am truly amazed ( never leave feedback on forums) Kudos!

Thanks a ton! Worked for me!

A post was split to a new topic: Maxinator’s Crash issue