OW is Getting Worse

Largely because a vast majority of players don’t care to - and outright resist - learning fundamentals of the game.

Teamwork.
Taking space.
Awareness.
Positioning.
Taking off angles.
How to dive.
Healing/kill priorities.
Shot-calling.

etc

God forbid you suggest anything on any of these points

7 Likes

Blizzard encourages these issues with the game. Someone has to say it. If it weren’t the case we would have had something resembling a guild system YEARS ago. Not to mention they wouldn’t have implemented barriers to teamwork at the ranks they seem to exclusively care about.

2 Likes
  1. People get worse over time, because the competition gets better.
  2. Matchmaking is kinda problematic with a lack of Tank players. So you got mismatched player skill playing together more often.
  3. After almost 3 years of GOATs or DoubleBarrier, the devs are finally pushing the game in a direction where things like positioning and angles actually matters. Rather than just sitting inside a fortress of barriers.

Say it louder for the people in the back, it actually boggles my mind people talk about balance before having any of these topics down.

The things OP outlines have nothing to do with competition getting better. They are fundamentals that should be common knowledge almost 5 years on from the release of the game. The reason its so frustrating these days is because Blizzard themselves put systems in place to actively promote playing the game in a suboptimal fashion.

Want to one trick? here’s higher performance stats so you climb faster.
Want to only play one role? similar reward.
Want to play with friends? have fun playing harder games for no real reason.
Want to avoid throwers? 3 avoid slots…3…
Want to avoid getting hardstuck? smurf to your heart’s content all while further breaking the MM
Want to be able to regularly play with like minded players? LOL no…but here’s this incomplete group finder tool!

Honestly after all this time people are justified in not having the motivation to improve as players. The game is designed to discourage it. All the while Blizzard promotes OWL as the best version of how we can play the game. One problem though: WE PHYSICALLY DO NOT PLAY THE SAME GAME THEY DO!

1 Like

The thing I am confused about with your complaint about shot calling. If no one is doing it, then why dont you step into that role.

I played open queue no limits(classic overwatch) and that made me stop thinking overwatch is getting worse.

1 Like

Problem is a lot of the heroes that become meta require so few of these sometimes. Meaning you have to be aware of less mechanics to climb

I don’t know what any of this means. All I know how to do is lock Rectangle Man, charge into enemy, shatter shields and die.

you forgot to mention the horrible matchmaker that puts new players in games with veterans

noobies don’t have an ounce of the game sense that is required to play with or against long time players

1 Like

Let me clarify since you’re incapable of inferring:

People don’t know how to shot call and many utterly fail in capitalizing on appropriate shot-calling. Hell, I’ve been actively flamed for shot calling; “Let me play the game the way I want!” was a response I once got for calling focus on enemy hammond on the backline, nothing more.

If people do not listen that is on them. All you can do is your part which is to keep shot calling. No one has gotten particularly better or worse at listening. Plat players still do the exact same things they did 4 years ago. Diamond players are still incomplete. Masters is still the worst place on earth.

have you tried this advice yourself?
Cuz let me tell ya,this community is down right disgusting and ANY kind of helpful advice will be answered back with disdain and straight up toxic replies.
NO use in giving out helpful tips…Falls on deaf ears

1 Like

That wouldn’t be an issue if all player had a grasp on the concepts I’ve outlined because people would learn the correct way to play.

As it stands now (especially in sales event like the current one) new players are joining games with veteran players who still don’t have a lick of game sense and will impart unto the new players the bad habits that make them bad at the game rather than the good ones we want to see.

I’m playing OW since beta in multiple ranks and i can assure you it hasn’t changed in regards of your claims. Not towards the good nor the bad.

You have it both way randomly as often as before.