OW hidden competitive stats might hold you back?

So here i am, a solo queue support main.

I feel that I am good at what I do and that I understand my roll completely. I have more than 50% win ratio with my mains (Ana, Moira, Zen,Junkrat, ). I do flex whenever my team needs a tank (I mostly pick Orisa or Rein). I have been in winning streaks, 4-6 games, but only getting between 10-20 SR, I even got 5 SR after a really really close game. On the other 50% of losses is almost guarantee that I lose 20-25 SR. So my question is, If I buy another account and do my placements would I be on a higher rank?, is it worth to get another account?, should I stick with this account with all the data that might be hurting my SR gain?.

1. “In Overwatch, whether your MMR goes up or down is contingent on winning or losing. But there are a number of factors that determine how much that rating goes up or down.” – Jeff Kaplan Overwatch Forums. There is no memory of how you have performed in past games or seasons, only the one number.

2. Are you writing down your SR after every game? You should only be getting gains and losses that are that off if you are performing horribly. I think you are probably exaggerating, unintentionally or otherwise. (Except for the 1-5 SR thing. That’s a bug that happens from time to time).

3. You win/loss on your mains is not what matters, but your win/loss overall. For this season, you are underwater at 166 - 172 - 14. You should work on that.

4. New accounts tend to place artificially close to high gold, and have “established” SR/MMR after 20 games (Initial Competitive Skill Rating, Decrypted). So, rerolling can give you a new rank, but more through chance than anything. And the new account’s MMR rapidly becomes as established as your old account.

2 Likes

Thanks for replying. I’m not trying to sound like a crybaby or just salty. I have recorded my winning/losing, SR w/l, start/end of a regular night. Here is a sheet I created on Excel to keep track.
2101 2128

9 wins 6 loses 27 sr total

I don’t feel like I’m doing horribly (no one does) and I don’t expect to win every game, it’s just that i feel something is off. I hope that healers get a different set of rules, because if the system compares my elims with Ana with another attack Ana there is going to be a big difference. my focus is heal and support or assist my teammates.

I would record and watch back gameplay to see what mistakes you are making it’s much easier to see the mistakes

If you have a 50% winrate, you likely belong at your current rank. And I don’t mean to be rude when I say this, but 50% is hardly climbing in ranked competitive. Unless something changes mechanically or your gamesense suddenly is that of a higher tier player, it will be very hard/nearly impossible to climb from your current rank.

I mean, just think about it, 50% won, 50% percent lost.
There’s no progress to be made unless something changes.

As for alternate accounts… while they are heavily regarded as cheap, unfair ways of getting into higher elos, it can be a viable way to refresh your competitive progress since the matchmaker just began collecting stats on your player and comparing them to stats of other players in other elos.

1 Like

I apologize for been so plain with that 50-50, actually is: Ana 58% 7 hrs, Moira 53% 16 hrs, junk 54% 14 hrs.

My point still stands nonetheless.

1 Like

?? I’m counting 9 wins, 6 losses, and a gain of 61 (from 2099 to 2160), which is normal.

You average gain on win is 22.1 +/- 1.2, and your average loss on defeat is 23.0 +/- 0.9. (The uncertainty in the average is calculated by the standard deviation divided by the square root of the number of games). So there is no statistically significant difference between winning and losing in this data.

1 Like

Depends what your stats are, if you’re playing below average you’ll get measly gains and larger losses.

1 Like

again, I apologize for the confusion. i tried to copy paste the chart from excel and everything got messed up. I appreciate all the info you provided me, it helped me understand more than any YouTube video I’ve seen about MMRs. I will close this threat now, Thanks again for the help.

1 Like