OW content creators are really panicked

That’s the problem. OW doesn’t have a Reputation w/ those whom hold no stake in the game to begin w/

All of us are indeed OW biggest fan’s or we wouldn’t be here wasting our breath speaking about OW.

Where are they? Those Journalists?
They going to play OW2 Oct 4th?
Did they even play OW to begin w/?

Then did they state such personal experience in those Articles in Question?

They get PAID to spread GOSSIP

They look for Scandals. That’s Reality.

Can a potential OW2 player be lured away from playing OW2 to such individuals? Absolutely.

Are they seriously trying to Protect the Public or Report the NEWS or sensationalize it instead?

1 Like

Uh, yes it does.

Yes? Are you seriously arguing that gaming journalists didn’t like OW? That’s a legitimately insane belief.

That’s not a standard that exists, nor should it be. I don’t think you understand what journalism is. There are a million legitimate things you can criticize about games journalism, but your impression of the job is just fully untethered from reality.

1 Like

DKF personally knows them.
The Journalists of Sensationalism.
Case Closed

They ain’t just like other NEWS outlets similar to the National Enquirer looking to turn heads. Nah.

I couldn’t care less about their perspective & fully agree w/ someone whom actually plays the game consistently enough to dismiss their ignorance as being what it is.

Blizz aren’t going to say anymore than they legitimately need to, because giving exact, specific, details might be enough to turn some players away.

If they keep it vague, more people will jump in to play the game and find out for themselves, which is what they want. Those first few days are make or break.

I know that I’ve read pages upon pages of OW analysis and criticism, and listened to hours and hours of videos and podcasts where OW superfans who work at major gaming outlets talk about the game.

Do you want me to start naming them? Tamoor Hussein and Lucy James at Giant Bomb/Gamespot, huge OW fans. Like half the IGN staff are OW lunatics, they literally did a re-review for no reason like 5 years after it came out. The UK guys especially love OW. The Triple Click Podcast (with the famous Jason Schreier as one of the hosts) had on an OW superfan to basically pitch people on OW2 and why it’s going to be great. Mike Minotti at GamesBeat, loves OW and has kept up with it through this entire drought.

How many names do you need?

Exactly my thoughts.

I don’t doubt some in our media are indeed huge fans and are merely being middlemen to what’s being Reported. That doesn’t make everything News worthy the same individuals.

It’s not a journalist’s job (or yours) to do PR for game companies. Have some dignity. They are not out to get OW2, they do not care either way.

Then why did you just say the opposite?? My god, this is like arguing with a toddler. I’m done with you, have a nice night.

1 Like

It is a journalist’s job to not misrepresent information and mislead their readers though…?

Confused as to why you’re supporting that lol

Because I fully understand ClickBait Media and cannot vouch for anyone but those whom I listen to which is certainly not those Media outlets.

Can you? Do you? Was my question……

You vouch for those articles written by those specific Journalists rather than just collectively lumping all of them together as if they are NOT individuals?

And they didn’t. So there is no problem.

Supporting what? Where have I supported anyone telling a lie? You shills really are living in fantasy land.

2 Likes

They did, they left out important details. I explained this to you earlier in the thread :slight_smile:

Supporting journalist’s misrepresenting information and thus misleading their readers. I figured that was pretty easily implied from my comment.

Careful mate, you’re faltering :joy:

Sorry, but having you two make up weird lies, and seeing that other guy literally reverse course and totally forget his own opinion like a goldfish between comments is really starting to irritate me.

NO THEY DIDN’T. Do you know what a headline is? It’s a summary of the article. By definition, it is required to leave out details. It’s not a conspiracy against Blizzard or this game that is clearly very controversial all on its own. It’s literally just how the world works. Please show me the article I’ve defended here that leaves out key details. I’m begging you, show me exactly what you mean.

I haven’t done that. You are lying. Stop doing that.

2 Likes

I have done no such thing :+1:

It doesn’t need to be. They’re journalists. They want clicks.

Do you not know what clickbait is?

Again, I gave you an example earlier in the thread.

And the rest of that Twitter thread is just proof of people being grossly misled. It’s just a mess.

You’re doing it right now :joy:

I’m seeing tons of social media buzz from people who are genuinely informed and genuinely concerned about the looming dumpster fire.

But the CoNtEnT PaRtNeRs, themselves in full conflict of interest - who’s takes and opinions should be wiped - are going full damage control when they should be staying out of it.

As per the OP’s main points: The content partners are basically shilling: “if you don’t support Blizzard, you’re misinformed”; “you’re misinformed if you don’t like the changes coming with OW2”. What an ignorant, fallacious way to treat the masses.

It’s trashy just like everything bribed.
Dismiss and cancel is the correct move for “informed” people.

6 Likes

I can agree w/ this statement. Who seriously cares about those Posts tbh. Certainly not anyone here. Do I agree w/ the sentiment behind such? Sure. Do I wish to pass forward their Reports?

Not at all. Are they being just as biased as those Reports themselves are? Absolutely.

Your example didn’t make any sense.

This is just something you asserted. The headline is accurate, you just decided that it was lacking details. Sorry, but it’s just not. That’s an accurate headline. There is nothing misleading about it. There is no logic connecting those dots, you just claimed it was the case.

The headline is objectively correct, and perfectly reasonable. The summary of this information is that yes, heroes are locked. The headline is not responsible for telling the reasons why or the method of locking them. That’s why there’s an article. When you read that headline, the obvious next questions are “how are they locked, for how long, and for what reason?” That’s why you click on the article.

There is no implication that heroes are locked and, well, sorry, no further information. It’s an article. Those are the details that should be in it, and they are. This is what journalism is. The idea that there is anything out of place here is absurd, it’s the thinking of a child.

Calling this misleading is just moronic. It’s dumb. It’s how a dumb person thinks.

Your Overwatch fully explained his gripe w/ 1 of the articles misleading consumers via deliberately ignoring the Fact that New players whom never played OW are not missing out on anything via unlocking progression towards playing Old OW Characters.

It is a journalists job to farm clicks for their corporate masters.

Mad people click links.

Responsible corporate journalism is a myth. Journalists are just outrage-generators. Truth be damned.

4 Likes

I know, but it leaves out details.

Just like an article saying “The Sun is going to explode!” is also objectively correct. But it obviously leaves out very important details.

And I appreciate that that is what you believe, but in reality people are being misled :+1:

This is true. You are right. I guess I was referring to what a journalist’s job should be.

3 Likes