OW 2 Combat healing debuff

Oh of course, helping people out is for chumps. It’s all about the pew pew.

So make tanks into “brawlers” who dare not brawl because they can’t be healed effectively while they are doing it. Sounds great.

Exactly how though. Utility has been complained about as much as healing, maybe even more so. Support utility will always feel bad for the enemy so it will always get complained about and generally nerfed.

Well I don’t know, I’m not a game developer.

I know what it does, I’m not sure why this is a good thing. Its just like patting the supports on the head and saying “alright, wait until we’re done fighting to do your thing”.

6 Likes

^ Yeah, I agree with that. People have been up in arms about rez, certain uses of GA, blue beam, discord, shield bash, inspire, rally, armor packs (RIP), immortality field, nano, antinade, sleep dart, and even had a go at speed boost when it was enabling brawl tanks to rush point.

If CC is out, and other utility makes people mad, there’s precious little for the supports to actually do.

1 Like

Huh…

Guess I’m not playing Tank or Support, then.

Look at it this way. Blizz have the data on all the hero stats.

They’re nerfing healing for a reason not just because they want to upset support players.

It makes sense, with 1 less hero each side, that healing will have to be lowered in some capacity as it is currently balanced for 6v6. :slight_smile: :upside_down_face:

Devs: “we’re testing a healing reduction of 25% for 4 seconds after a hero takes damage”
You: “healing is useless until the end of the fight!!1”

LOL! The responses to this tweak have been hilarious lately! :rofl: :upside_down_face: :thinking:

Uh, I don’t see what was so funny. They’re testing a reduction to healing, I think the healing will be useless until the end of the fight. Why do you disagree?

1 Like

Power to you and your opinion if that’s what you get from a 25% reduction for 4 seconds! :upside_down_face: :thinking: :rofl:

TBF, its not just 25% for 4 seconds. Its that on top of other weakenings to the character’s defense, and increases to character offenses. In a game where defense, like barriers, were healthy and damage was high, it’d be fine to apply a healing nerf like that. Instead though, healing is directly nerfed once, and indirectly nerfed twice. Its a bigger deal than just the healing change.

3 Likes

I can see healing tweaks being needed, for sure. I even wrote a post a few days ago saying as much—healing getting nerfed on paper doesn’t necessarily it will feel nerfed in practice.

But Mercy’s 37-or-something DPS in combat? That is bonkers low. A lone DPS can kill through Mercy’s healing already in the present game. Having one less hero to heal in total doesn’t have any impact on the fact that healing still needs to have enough impact on an individual to meaningfully slow down a teammate’s death. Not stave it off forever, but buy enough time to implement any kind of utility or strategy or at least time for the target to dive for cover.

And if the incoming damage has been cut by somewhere between 1/6 to 1/5, but healing gets nerfed by 1/4 during the interval when it’s actually useful to anyone, then it’s not hard to see why supports are concerned about their impact.

For 4 seconds after the most recent damage tic, if I understand correctly. Which means the healing is throttled for the entire duration of the teamfight and then some.

I’m not saying 25% is the magic number and you also agreed there needs to be some tweaks, the answers there somewhere.

I think they’re on the right track with a healing debuff for heroes under fire.

…uh, yes? That’s the point of it… :rofl: :upside_down_face:

And the point of what I’ve been saying is that if I can’t muster sufficient HPS to make any tangible difference whatsoever on the length or survivability of the fight, then there’s no point in having healing abilities. Might as well just go get healthpacks in between teamfights. Having strong healing when there’s no pressure or strategy and having wet-noodle healing when it counts sucks.

1 Like

You: 25% less healing = no point having healing!
Me: :thinking: :rofl: :upside_down_face:

Ok we’re done here, have fun. :slight_smile:

I said if I can’t muster sufficient HPS to make any tangible difference in the fight. Mercy, Zen, Lucio, and maybe even Ana won’t be able to with that 25% nerf if damage dealers (especially, but not limited to DPS heroes) continue to hit as hard as they did in the exhibition.

I don’t understand why you don’t see that having your abilities squelched while fighting feels bad. If guns got nerfed by 25% whenever they had their crosshairs on an enemy hero, but it’s fine, really, you are totally allowed to fire at full power 4 seconds after the teamfight is over, I don’t think people would enjoy that very much, either.