Overwatch.exe-Bad Image?

Getting the following error message when I try to launch the game:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\FW1FontWrapper_x64.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc0000428.

When I click ok, the message just pops up again about five seconds later. Meanwhile, the game itself it giving me “Unexpected Server Error” messages when it attempts to log in.

I assume the second issue is more of a launch day/large queue issue, but I need that first error in layman’s terms as I’ve got no idea how to fix it.

6 Likes

if it is showing this message you should try to scan and repair overwatch, on bnet launcher hit the settings and then scan and repair. Hope this helps

I’m getting the same message. I already tried running repair, then uninstalled/reinstalled, and restarting my computer but none of that helped, still getting the error message.

1 Like

Yep, was literally just coming in to say I tried scan/repair. Still getting the error message.

EDIT: Completely uninstalled, double checked that drivers are up to date, and now reinstalling OW2 from scratch. I’ll let you guys know how it goes.

3 Likes

I have this error, Things I have done -

Virus scan
Re-image
CMD Prompt - Restore Health Command
Unistalled/Clean installed Geforce Ex
Re-installed current Graphics drivers (on current)
Scan/Repaired Game
Uninstalled/clean installed game

Still getting message. Game doesnt even load at this point, just crashes/freezes.

2 Likes

I was getting this, just closed out all of my programs that were running in the background (Razer Synapse, ROG Armoury, etc.) and it works now. I don’t care right now to take the time to figure out exactly which program was causing the issue, but it’s definitely something to be aware of if anyone else is having the problem.

2 Likes

ive done all that too, do yall have missing .dll’s? im getting .dll errors too and wondering if it is because on windows 11 insider preview build? what windows yall running?

Having the same issue with different .dll errors. Windows 10.

following if anyone finds a solution.

2 Likes

Windows 11 on my end.

Same, running updates to see if that helps, also may move ow install to system drive see if that helps, I just saw that dudes reply about killing all programs so I’ll try that too, but not much running.

I’ve given that a thought, but I’m honestly not sure what I can safely close out without bricking something and needing to restart which at that point I’d be back to square one.

Windows update worked for me, I’m on build 25211.rs prerelease 220923-1354, still installed on second drive only driver utilities (nvidia crap, razer crap, ) and dragon center running

edit: launches fine now, but zero in queue a head of you in queue so…at least it launches, i guess servers down as is tradition for blizz launches lol

double edit: i did have to uninstall msi after burner and some mobo driver software to get latest windows rc to install, idk if that is related, maybe check if you have those installed?

What exactly have you closed out? It’s one thing to say you closed out everything, it’s another to actually say it.

If you start listing programs, maybe some of us with the issue can actually come to a conclusion on what is causing problems, cause we sure as hell aren’t getting answers from Blizzard.

EDIT: Xbox Game Bar. Closed that out in the task manager, error message didn’t pop up.

Now I’m just stuck at “In Queue: 0 players ahead of you” but it’s the first real progress I’ve had.

Hi,

Just had the same issue “C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\FW1FontWrapper_x64.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error”

What i did

1 ) scan and repair overwatch ( Yeah, i know some of you already tried that )

2 ) I do use Norton 360
In Settings, Antivirus and in “scans and risks” tab, look for the line “Items to Exclude from Auto-Protect, Script Control, Behavioral Protection and Download Intelligence Detection”

Click on the right to “configure” and i did add the OverWatch folder.

Closed and restarted the game ( didn’t even restart the computer )
I don’t have the error anymore

Hope it could help you
Have Fun
Nash

I had that problem earlier and narrowed it down to being the EVGA Precision XOC software. If you have that, uninstall it. That fixed it for me.

If you still want the overclocking software, upgrade to the Precision X1 software instead, because the XOC version has been discontinued.

Hope that helps!

9 Likes

I’m getting same error, when pressing first keystroke on connecting screen. It’s complaining about Samsung Easy Printer Manager (CDAKEYMonitor64.dll). I have to kill CDASrv.exe which is part of Samsung printer management application. Obviously Overwatch 2 is doing some extensive checks for other apps as part of anti cheat maybe? Other games don’t have these issues.

3 Likes

Solution or blue? Im still having issues, I even re-installed windows now.

Having the same error i closed EVGA Precision XOC and the error is gone.

4 Likes

Uninstalled EVGA - Issue persists.

was having same issue, closed EVGA Precision XOC and its gone.

1 Like