Overwatch unable to start its 'Game Installing'

So far I have done a lot to try and get it to at least 1% but I’ve so far have gotten nothing. When I join the game, at the Home Screen it says “Game Installing” on the top left corner. However, I have waited for a few hours now and it hasn’t left it’s 0% state. I haven’t played Overwatch for a year but I wouldn’t think that it would take this long to download. I tried uninstalling, restarting my PS4 and even checking if my network is stable and all of those things did nothing to change it. Someone please help me

Hey there,

Before we continue, I must inform you that troubleshooting for console is pretty limited. The console is a closed system and doesn’t allow of the same level of troubleshooting that a PC environment would. Additionally, because your connection must go through the console network there is an extra layer to your connection that we have no ability to troubleshoot as well.

In these situations we can verify whether our services are running normally or if we are seeing any widespread connection issues and then offer some basic advice.

At the time of your ticket, we were not seeing any widespread service issues matching the timeframe, duration and symptoms you are reporting. This does not mean there can’t be a larger issue, it just indicates the issue is likely closer to a local/regional situation as opposed to an issue with the service itself. The following troubleshooting should help in that case but you may need to reach out to the console maker for further assistance.

Run your console’s built-in connection test:
PlayStation 4 - Test Internet Connection | PlayStation®4 User's Guide

This can help pinpoint network or connection troubles between the console and the console network.

Check your network configuration to find any issues with your firewall, router, or port settings: Troubleshooting Firewall Configuration Issues - Blizzard Support

I recommend turning off all systems including the router and modem for at least 60 seconds, boot the modem back up, wait until its fully rebooted, repeat with the router and then turn back on any connected systems.

You can try switching your DNS settings to use a free public DNS servers instead of your ISPs Servers:

We do not have individual steps for specific modems or routers so if you need assistance accessing or updating the devices, contact the device maker/provider.

Reset the Console to factory Defaults.

Do you have the ability to try another of the same console on this network? Or can you take your console and connect to a different network? See if the issue changes at all. That can tell you if the issue is specific to the console, a network specific issue or an issue with the console network itself.

If the steps above did not resolve your problem we recommend contact your console’s manufacturer for more assistance:
Sony - https://support.us.playstation.com/

did you end up figuring it out? i’m having the same issue

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.