Overwatch Streaming Rewards Guide & Troubleshooting - CLOSED

Same, hope they do correct this error.

I can confirm right now that at least Overwatch League tokens are being dropped. Just checked right now and received the notification for Overwatch League Rewards but still no Brigette skin as of this moment.

the question I just saw Ana is the winner Watch and win is Ana is the first OWL SKIN instead of Tracer? please tell

Are the rescheduled contenders streams going to count towards the May skins?

Correct, they have only been using screenshots of Tracer in marketing material. Its actually expected we will not have another shot at Tracer for quite some time since she was offered during last year’s Grand Finals.

No they will count toward April Rewards.

1 Like

damn at that time i was not sure if i would win skins so i missed tracer for last year… :frowning: but ana will be mine how many hours i have to watch for her and is rein yet to come or is he gone too :frowning:

Ana skin should be 4 hours of viewership next weekend (5/7-5/8), similar to Soe Spray on opening weekend.

Rein’s Contenders skin was earned in March Contenders viewership. Rein’s OWL skin has not been offered in any promotion yet.

Here’s the approximate running total of OWL tokens through viewership this season:
Week 1 - 120 tokens
Week 2 - 115 tokens
Week 3 - 175 tokens
Total - 410 tokens

Breakdown for week 3:
Day 1 - 30 (10 West + 20 East)
Day 2 - 50 (10 Encore + 25 West + 15 East)
Day 3 - 65 (10 Encore + 35 West + 20 East)
Day 4 - 30 (30 Knockouts)

Baptiste and Doomfist skins for May viewership rewards confirmed.

You can start earning your rewards when Contenders Korea kicks off in a few hours!

Whether it’s with the Hand Cannon or the Amplification Matrix, these heroes sure pack a punch! Tune in to Contenders throughout May to earn the Baptiste and Doomfist Contenders Skins! Check out our blog post to learn more about viewership rewards.

Since there’s less broadcast content during this month, we’ve adjusted rewards slightly. You’ll be able to earn Baptiste after watching 5 hours of content, and Doomfist after 10 hours! You can start earning your rewards when Contenders Korea kicks off in a few hours!

And for folks that haven’t gotten their Brigitte/Echo skin - we’re looking into this! If you watched enough to receive your skin but haven’t yet, we’ll be working to make sure those rewards are honored. We’re sorry for the inconvenience - and will have more info soon!

Source: https://twitter.com/owpathtopro/status/1389044593400815618 (official twitter thread)

2 Likes

May Contenders Skin Rewards Announced

If I understand everything correctly, the April Promotion period will still be extended through Tuesday, May 4th. Anyone still needing to catch up hours will be able to do so in the next six broadcasts.

3 Likes

Has anyone received tokens for the knockouts? I logged just a while ago now, after having the OWL stream on Youtube running with a connected status throughout the day I checked my connection status multiple times during the day, too.
Before I logged in I checked the stream status a final time and at that time the connected symbol was no longer present because the stream started to go to reruns, but I have not had any change in my token total from when I checked my balance from the day before the knockouts started.

Yes I did. If necessary consider unlinking and relinking the YouTube connected feature and hopefully next weekend it will start working again.

Ugh, honestly ever since the rewards were no longer provided by Twitch everything has been so shoddy. So much extra checking, and rechecking, and rechecking your rechecks to ensure you are getting the rewards for viewership that are promise for following their directions and setup, to still get screwed over intermittently…

1 Like

From my end users have always reported problems to some extent. Twitch was by no means perfect back in the day, and in some ways was often worse with more frequent token outages. Not saying the YouTube connection feature is the god-send of streaming reward systems, but this year has been the easiest to deal with on an overall experience.

1 Like

It is better than last year for sure, from a D to a C in quality, but personally the Twitch rewards were the most consistent for me.

Even the days of this week which I did receive token drops, each of them were 5 less than the expected outcome than PowerPlay listed above for watching the entirety of those day’s programs.

1 Like

Just wish they can implement a fix soon, since hopefully May can function normally.

So the May rewards for Contenders will be available only after May 4th, or will these hours count towards both April and May rewards?

From this Contenders tweet, it looks like 5/3 and 5/4 Korea matches will count towards May (Bap/Doom)

Meanwhile, the US/EU matches on 5/3 and 5/4 are for April rewards, according to that Contenders tweet.

It isn’t made entirely clear, but it looks like there may be some double-dipping allowed where watching any matches on 5/3 or 5/4 could count for both the month of April and May, concurrently. There’s a small chance the Korean matches may not count for April and the US/EU matches may not count for May, but they all could count for both months.

Edit: just noticed this replied to Wyoming instead of Pandaman. Initially was quoting Wyoming before changing to linked tweets.

2 Likes

Since it’s May now, can we unlock Doomfist & Baptiste skins now or on 6 May & afterwards?

@wyoming, do you know if there will be official repeats of the may melee that it would be possible to earn the skins and points from?
I’m in the UK, and each of the matches are scheduled between 2am and 6am my time, over three nights. not ideal.