Overwatch Streaming Rewards Guide & Troubleshooting - CLOSED

Looking at the Contenders schedule, I’m only seeing one match for Australia, 6 matches for Korea, and 2 matches for NA - both of which are already confirmed for April Rewards per Wyoming’s post from last week.

I don’t think we’ll see any more Contenders matches or skins until Sept/Oct, after the OWL season ends.

Was there a reset for connected accounts between the experimental card tournament and the start of the OWL season? I received tokens for watching the experimental card tournament on youtube however, after the first two weeks of the season didn’t receive any tokens for doing the same thing. I decided to check the connected apps and found the accounts were no longer linked. I hadn’t changed any settings on Bnet or youtube between the tournament and start of the season.

mr.Wyoming why didn’t I get graffiti for watching streams ??? okay there I can’t receive tokens, but which one didn’t get spray ??? what should I do ? and if i didn’t get the spray it turns out i won’t be able to get future gray skins for watching ??? I got contenders without any problems

MM-Mei Legendary Skin available through May 11th

The May Melee legendary skin is now available for 200 Overwatch League tokens through May 11th. With the remaining matches before May 11th, I am estimating around 210 tokens can still be earned if you watch all West and East region broadcasts (including Encores). Otherwise, you will need to purchase Overwatch League tokens if you need any more to get this skin.

Soe’s “Super Fans” spray is now available in-game

The April 28th content update patch also has now made available the “Super Fans” spray designed by Overwatch League host Soe Gschwind. It can be equipped next to any hero and you will likely find it next to the “Overwatch League” logo spray.

please help me Wyoming

Earning OWL Tokens through Youtube on Smart TV not working

I successfully connected my Youtube and Battlenet Accounts. I can see that it works when I´m on PC with the diamond Icon on Youtube and everything. I´m an in a country that enables Tokens. I watched both OWL 2021 weekends on the Smart TV Youtube App while being logged into my Youtube Account, but didn not recieve a single token. Is that a thing that`s generally not working on non-PC devices or something specifially related to my setup? (There also is no interface or visible feedback (like the “reward-diamond”) in the TV version of Youtube.)
Whatever the case, I would love for the token system to work for watching on my TV! :slight_smile:

The same happened to me. I have my Bnet connected to my youtube and watched enough personally sitting at my screen for the spray and tokens. Got 0 tokens. In the past, I’d get them right away.

I also, like others, got Echo easily. Still no Brig. I got every other Contenders skin right away. Not sure why this and the Spray/tokens just started to not work for me.

My issue is that I have gotten Overwatch League tokens in the past week, but somehow have not logged enough hours for Brigette despite viewing for the entire month. Likewise I have gotten Echo. After the fiasco in November hopefully the devs can correct their issue. At least with Twitch it gave you a notification. The YouTube and Overwatch League/Contenders is much worse with this. The green light has always been visible, so something else is an issue. Have removed and put back all connections, cleared cookies, and not much else at this point.

2 Likes

It was made pretty clear from the beginning that OWL Tokens would not be earned through any Smart TV YouTube app. In the top post, it mentions OWL tokens will only be earned through these methods:

Starting in 2021, viewers will be able to earn Overwatch League tokens by either watching on OverwatchLeague.com or the Overwatch League Mobile App with their signed-in Blizzard BattleNet account or directly on YouTube.com or the YouTube mobile app at the official Overwatch League Channel if they link their Blizzard BattleNet account to their YouTube/Google account. Click the sections below for additional information.

I believe it was discussed earlier in this thread, too. Around post 2275 or so, where it was ill-advised to use YouTube apps that were not mentioned in the first post.

At first, I thought this was a low estimate, but definitely looks accurate now that I’ve double-checked how everything’s scheduled. The first two weeks had 30 total matches (including encores) while the next two weeks have a total of 28 matches (including encores).

In the first two weeks, we’ve seen roughly 235 tokens:
120 tokens across 14 matches (+2 encore) in the first week (post 2476)
115 tokens across 12 matches (+2 encore) in the second week (post 2563)

Week 3 has 20 matches scheduled (+2 encore) and starts Thursday (4/29) at noon PDT
Week 4 has only 6 matches and also starts Thursday (5/6) at 7:00pm PDT

If you’re hoping to pool a lot of tokens for that Mei skin, it’s important to at least catch the matches this week. As we get closer to the end of this tournament, we can also hope for close matches that go to 5 maps, extending viewership (not to mention more entertaining!).

Same here. Tried everything including changing browsers, but no Brig skin on any account. I did submit a ticket about it, but just got the standard answer… I hope this issue can be resolved, it’s been pretty frustrating.

One thing about Tokens (from personal experience), check the “connected” sign is there/ try the overwatch league site to watch. I can confirm the OWL Tokens drop fine (I tried streaming on OWL page on an account, the drops worked last weekend). And remember the “green” dot is pink or OWL (that surprised me at first so I thought I’d mention it). It’s just the contenders skin drop that seems to be bugged rn…

No Soe spray yet I have disconnected both of my google and psn accounts still nothing

Just as a heads up everyone, Contenders Australia has been postponed by 30 minutes this morning.

I have my soe spray. U think u might not have it. Sorry bro

How so i got 20 tokens which means i have watched for 4 hours

I don’t know about u but I have the spray so I just wondering.

Since the other thread was closed:
I’ve still not recieved the Bastion skin from last months Contenders rewards.
I recieved every other skin up to this point, even both of this months, but I’m simply not getting the Bastion one and I’m loosing my mind…
I’ve watched all eligible streams in March but yeah.
Will there be a second chance to earn it like it was with the Reinhardt skin?
I hope there’ll be some news to it soon :confused:

Can someone explain to me how we have to “activate” that new OWL spray from Soe ?
Funny thing is: i have received tons of tokens for watching many hours during the starting weekend, but for the life of me i cannot find how to unlock or find the spray she made.
Does anyone know ? :confused:

EDIT: nvm found it in Wyoming’s update ! thx man ! :wink:

I have the echo-skin, however i have not yet gotten the Brigitte-skin.
However, i have kept a list over the time and date for when i have watched, while it might not be exact numbers, I’ve watched at least 20 hours of Contenders-streams. Has there been a problem with receiving the Brigitte-skin aswwell, this month?

1 Like