Overwatch Streaming Rewards Guide & Troubleshooting - CLOSED

What is your country of residence? Have you tried using the older method of watching on OverwatchLeague.com signed into your BattleNet account?

Country - India (AFAIK - doesn’t fall in the restricted list)

aaaand Nope - Havent tried the older method - although i tried logging in earlier and it didnt. So there’s that.

Try watching on OverwatchLeague.com, if you are having problems signing in, make sure to clear out your web cookies for the OverwatchLeague.com page. Also review all of my troubleshooting steps in the starting post.

Will do. Thanks a ton!

I’m posting this in all the relevant topics (This topic and the one for reporting the missing Echo skin: Contenders Skins: Missing Echo but got Brigitte? Post here!) hoping that it may be useful

I’m posting this as an update on my missing Echo skin situation.

I’m not sure how many hours I’ve logged in total but I think I’ve logged another 15+ hours from my last post, so maybe 40+ hours. I checked my hero gallery now and am happy to report that I FINALLY have my Echo skin.

I’m not sure if it’s due to anything done from the support side or if watching the extra hours did it or the glitch just randomly fixed itself or if it just took over 3 weeks to get added to my hero gallery as apposed to the max 48 hours. All I know is that I now have the skin and am super happy. Thank you Wyoming for all your assistance, you are a legend.

So, to the others who are still missing the Echo skin, check if you have her now. If not, maybe just watch every possible stream that’s left and see if she pops up or not. If not, let’s hope that they can make some sort of arrangement to have a second chance to earn the skins in May.

That’s it from me. I hope the rest of you get your missing Echo and Brigitte skins soon.

2 Likes

This is surprisingly good news, I will keep an eye out for other reports from other users.

1 Like

Finally Started working. Just re-did all the connections and its ok now. Wew.

please check my account why I didn’t get Brig skin, I’ve watched more than 15 hours

I was able to receive 35 Overwatch League tokens today, but the Brigette drop still has not shown up. Went from 71 to 106 after today’s matches, but somehow the Brigette skin is not dropping. When I have been turning up to view Contenders matches, I go through the troubleshooting method of resetting account connections along with clearing cookies and cache (for Chrome) and also signing back in, while having multiple browsers open and disabling/removing adblockers. On my YouTube account that is tied to my Blizzard account, I have viewed the past week:

Thursday
Contenders Australia | S1 Regular Season | Playoffs Day 2

Wednesday:
Contenders North America | S1 April | Day 3

Tuesday:
Contenders North America | S1 April | Day 2
Contenders Korea Season 1 Interleague Day 2

Monday:
Contenders North America | S1 April | Day 1
Contenders Korea Season 1 Interleague Day 1

wait is it possible to get 15 hours from may 1st to 4th? I dont think im make it and I thought I got it this month D:

There is still barely enough for a total of 15 hours in the remaining six broadcasts among Korea, Europe, and North America.

1 Like

Damn D: and Im guessing there wont be a second chance.

What will happen after the events if the issue still persists…

1 Like

This month’s skins definitely need to be given a second chance run (or just straight up given to people with time logged) with the extent of the issues impacting the ability to earn both Echo and Brig.

2 Likes

I got a reply on my ticket saying that manually enabling skins is impossible. I still don’t have the Brig skin either (on any account), despite watching all the streams in the last two weeks of April. I also watched the most recent streams, which still didn’t solve the problem. I am going to watch the remaining streams (in May), but I don’t think hours watched is the problem. I definitely agree that a second run or a fix is needed, especially since everything worked fine until the echo skin (but nothing users can do can fix the issue apparently)

1 Like

Still no Brigitte skin. Agree with others, that they either give us another chance in May to earn this skin or grant it to all for time watched. I know they granted the Mercy skin for the first month of this promotion weeks after it ended. Hope that is the situation here and they go back and check hours. Gonna try and watch the rest of the streams through the 4th. League tokens and perks are dropping fine last few weeks. Puzzled what the issue is.

3 Likes

I received a response from a CS representative stating that they could see that I received drops on April 25th for the Overwatch League, so they can at least track that, so the issue in this case is on Blizzard and the way that they are implementing the drops, there’s inconsistency in their system and flaws.

If anything, someone can at least address it, instead of leaving fans without an explanation why the reward system is functioning like it is. I’m just puzzled why drops are working for the OWL but not for Contenders.

I’ll just go through what I’ve done again:

USA
Windows 10: OS Build 19042.928
Google Chrome: Version 90.0.4430.93 (Official Build) (64-bit) - Notifications allowed
Mozilla Firefox: 88.0 (64-abit)
Microsoft Edge: Version 90.0.818.51 (Official build) (64-bit) - Notifications allowed

iOS 14.5
Google Chrome: Version 87.0.4280.163
Mozilla Firefox: Version 33.1
Microsoft Edge: Version 46.3.13

I have gone through and verified my BattleNet account with my YouTube account, reset account connections to the OWL website, cleared cookies and cache on Chrome along with Firefox and Edge, and allowed for notifications on Chrome and Edge, along with removing all adblockers. I have proof of the green light being on as well.

Thursday
Contenders Australia | S1 Regular Season | Playoffs Day 2 - 5+ hours

Wednesday:
Contenders North America | S1 April | Day 3 - 3+ hours

Tuesday:
Contenders North America | S1 April | Day 2 - 4+ hours
Contenders Korea Season 1 Interleague Day 2 - 3+ hours

Monday:
Contenders North America | S1 April | Day 1 - 4+ hours
Contenders Korea Season 1 Interleague Day 1 - 4+ hours
April 22:
Contenders Australia | S1 Regular Season | Playoffs Day 2 - 5+ hours

April 8:
Contenders Australia | S1 Regular Season | Playoffs Day 1 - 2.5+ hours

April 2:
Contenders North America | S1 March | Day 5 - 5+ hours
Contenders Europe | S1 March | Day 5 - 4+ hours

April 1:
Contenders North America | S1 March | Day 4 - 4 hours

2 Likes

Thank you, I missed it completely.

Do we know what will be happening for the May contender skins? Looks like they only have a few matches in May?

1 Like