Overwatch Streaming Rewards Guide & Troubleshooting - CLOSED

I watched 6 hours or so of the May Melee event using my Youtube app logged into my account which is officially tied to my Blizzard account. Still no Ana skin as of 5/21…

Anything special for this OWL weekend or just tokens?

Just tokens. Next skin and spray will be on the June Joust Qualifers in four weeks.

2 Likes

Sadly I’ve also not received my doom skin… received bap this week even tho I watched every stream since the 5th. (so I received it really late?) I hope we can still get it next month somehow or this is fixed on blizzards end.

Will the league tokens be credited immediately after watching the game?

Most tokens arrive promptly, however, the official rules and support guide state rewards can take up to 24 hours to arrive.

So are there no more chances to earn the Doomfist skin this month? I watched a hell of a lot of hours but never received it.

Hey Wyoming. Quick question regarding a few old OWL gray/white skins. I recently read that there were a couple that came with the All-Access Pass for Twitch. Was that only for the 2018 pass or the 2019 as well? Because I have the 2019 one (still use the badge) but none of the skins.
And thanks again for all your efforts here.

I realized I got tokens for watching the original stream AND the encore of the same stream… so it’s like double token if you want to afk.

It was only the 2018 All-Access Pass that included OWL grey skins for Moira, Soldier: 76, and McCree:

The entire 2019 OWL season, including the All-Access Pass, had no OWL grey skin promotions.

1 Like

Thanks for clearing that up

I recently moved to live in Angola, I used to be in Japan. And I tried to change my country of residence successfully, after watching the stream on YouTube App (linked with my blizzard account, diamond mark appeared) on my android for hours, I am not getting the Tokens, can anyone help me?

Angola is an eligible country for promotions ? If yes, try watching the streams from OWL official site instead

in a week I leave for 3 months to work in Slovakia, if I change the country of residence from my phone, will I be able to receive tokens if I look on YouTube or the website?

question: will youtube app on an android smartphone work to earn tokens ? or should i use the OWL app on smartphone to earn tokens ?

Soooo… anyone else get a grey/white Roadhog skin?

Yes, a lot of us got the Roadhog skin, although it’s still unclear why. Current theories are having obtained both OWL Tracer Grey skins during their two promotions:

Granted, so far there is one case where this may be contradictory:

With another theory about having most/all other Grey skins or at least the 2018 All-Access pass:

Personally, I think this was a glitch when handing out the white skins. Like they miscounted or thought Hog’s grey skin was already awarded at some point, so added them to the list of grey/white combos to hand out.

The fact that it was given out with no explanation or promotion leads me to believe it’s a mistake. I imagine they will either pull the skin or, more likely, include it in an upcoming promotion for everyone to get an opportunity for it.

1 Like

The YouTube app on Android should work. I just checked my app and can confirm a Rewards/Connected diamond icon. You’ll need to first close out of the live chat and you’ll find the icon between the Live Chat and Clip options for the video. As long as you see “Connected” with a Diamond + Checkmark icon while viewing from your app, you should be earning tokens.

The broadcast is quite laggy today (tried on both Youtube & OWL page) where it stucked with a loading icon.

Yesterday the live stream worked like fine though.

EDIT: The stream keeps stucking at 2:50:35.

I have no idea how they check your country of residence… IP ? Phone ? Manual entry declared on the player’s profile ?

What also matters is if the visited country is also illegible for rewards. Look in the contest rules, and if it’s Ok I’d assume no further steps would be necessary anyway.