Overwatch Streaming Rewards Guide & Troubleshooting - CLOSED

It’s 4am here in the UK. I am so sleep deprived but I must get these skins lol.
Well I have the Sym skin already and I am around 4 hours away from getting the Mercy skin.
Thank god the rest of the schedule is more EU friendly after todays stream.

1 Like

Been watching, but who knows if it’s working? There isn’t really any room for error here but with all the YouTube issues and no way to track progress we are all shooting blindly here…

1 Like

Ok, now FOR SURE I reached at least 15 hours of streaming, and no Mercy skin arrived. Symmetra’s one yes, but the second one nope. :upside_down_face:

I hope we don’t have to start another crusade like we did with Tracer skins or my dissappeared Thunder Doomfist… it’s too tiring to be behind something to make it work.

2 Likes

IF I could watch, in my free time, all of the vods on youtube and build my viewing time up there, I would. I’d rather do that than stay up until 4 am to watch Chinese vods for some basic skin recolors. This is absolute bollocks and whoever is in charge of the viewing requirement system should be sent back to the customer support department.

1 Like

Do you have the stream playing in the background? I’m busy with other things most of the time and I can’t keep the stream as my active window, I still don’t have the first skin.

Same happening here.
Been watching every single Contenders broadcast, from start to finish, since they announced the skins. Got Symmetra shortly after the required amount, Mercy nowhere to be seen.

:pensive:

5 Likes

i got the same issue. Maybe a delay ?

Yep, in these hours I was working and playing a bit. Stream in background. Firefox browser. Same method always in OWL and now in Contenders, and worked well until Symmetra (well, some days, but a few in OWL).
I’ll wait a little more.

I just hope they implement something to show and update our progress, like every hour or so.
Also, is it just with me or is their website very flickery while loading at first? It feels so weird for some reason…

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I watched the video for more than 9 hours but didn’t get a game skin. I watched both the Korean and South American leagues. To make sure, I watched the Chinese league today, but this problem has not been solved. I used all the methods I wrote down, but the results were the same.
It is a problem that many people, not one, are experiencing, but there is still no clear answer. We have to invest time. Therefore, the compensation must also be certain. Please solve this problem as soon as soon as possible.

8 Likes

Do they sign us out of our accounts after a while?
It was showing “you are logged in to earn viewership rewards”, refreshed the page and instead of showing the same message (as it is supposed after you refresh it), I actually had to manually click to relog.
What is this mess?
:crazy_face:

1 Like

You’re right, what the hell LOL

1 Like

Just woke up and the stream is still going , will check if i got the mercy skin after the stream ends .

1 Like

Yep. It seems to do that all the time now. Instead of detecting that you are online after 2 seconds upon reloading the page (and changing the message under the window), it just doesnt try to log in anymore.

Long sigh

1 Like

A totally irregular control of promotions XD.
I trust they fix this sometime. At least this depends of Blizzard directly, because when you had a problem on Twitch, you could already consider the item lost, they never solved anything for me.

Hey everyone, I have been seeing all of your reports and will do what I can to pass the word on. Remember to keep watching. Unfortunately I don’t know if there is a problem with any one particular stream or the system overall.

12 Likes

Does muting the google tab prohibit me from earning the rewards?

I think so. The stream should be the primary tab (open) and unmuted.

rip, no wonder, i’ve been watching hrs upon hrs and got nothing, guess thats why :confused:

1 Like

I have been watching while all is linked and logged in for several hours. I am also on a recommended browser google chrome. I tried watching on another browser but didn’t let me even see the page. The site isn’t muted or ad blocked. Everything is up to date on my pc and I can’t even view it on my phone as for some reason your site creates an error. I noticed someone else as well is having the same issue and we are not sure what to do or where to go. We tried all these recommendations posted but none of them fit the issue or work.

1 Like