Overwatch Streaming Rewards Guide & Troubleshooting - CLOSED

if the skins do not come within 48 hours, what should I do?

1 Like

I’ve also only gotten Symmetra and watched practically everything.

Afaik I always had the green dot(since it exists), I never saw it disappear.

I thought I finally had a working setup after I got Sym. But 2 days of watching later It did appears to not work for Mercy.

2 Likes

That I am still trying to find out details on. In the past, anyone who failed to earn rewards due to issues of any kind often can’t get them. I am thinking about starting a separate thread later on for anyone to report failing to earn one or both of the skins.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer Wyoming, you are doing a great job, answering and helping a lot, thanks for the work and advice!

Hello Community i’m having exact the same problem about getting Mercy Contender’s Skin, i recivied on my second account but not on my main, i watched more than 20 hours easily the contenders matches, and there’s no skin on my character gallery , seems a bug . Please fix this i really want that skin on my collector’s account Overwatch Team , i did what was needed to get it also i think many people has this issue , thanks to Overwatch Team to help us on these problems.

Good weekend everyone & Thanks for helping as much you can.

1 Like

Alright everyone, if any of you failed to earn the Symmetra and/or Mercy skins from the October streams, I have started a new thread to collect any information here. Please note, this is for my own investigative purposes only and I cannot guarentee Blizzard will be able to do anything for anyone who reports there:

9 Likes

Many thanks, WyomingMyst! You’re doing a great job. Let’s hope we can do something for fix the issue.

2 Likes

Has the new contenders stream started for anyone yet?

It says there should be one right now (10am PST // 1pm EST )) but I see no stream no matter how many times I refresh the page.

There’s nothing up yet. But if you go to the Overwatch Contenders Youtube Channel, there’s a scheduled stream for 10:50 PST (~30 minutes fromy my post).

Ah thank you so much~!
I thought I was going crazy when I didn’t see anything! :joy:
Glad to know I didn’t miss it.

Same problem here guys. I have watched every single minute of it and received none of the skins. What is happening now?
I also had the green dot while watching.

1 Like

I got double confirmation on the start times the schedule on YouTube was not accurate (they already rolled back the start time). Corrected my schedule above.

1 Like

Checked this morning for Mercy, no dice yet. But since today’s streams are the finals for October… do they count towards the October rewards at all?

1 Like

Just wanted to say that the Mercy skin finally showed up yesterday about 3 or 4 hours into the broadcast… and that was after watching all 8hours of the previous days broadcast which should easily have been enough to get the Mercy drop.

Either the time keeping is a bit “iffy” or there are delays in receiving the rewards.

I had the green dot for days and it took a lot longer than the 8hrs it should have taken between Symmetra and Mercy.

Thanks to @WyomingMyst for all their hardwork in this thread… such a shame that this “bonus” has been plagued with so many technical issues and that it has become a “chore” for the users :frowning:

Going forward, hopefully the Blizzard devs can come up with a system whereby users can actually monitor their total watch time (as logged by the system), in addition to the “green dot”, so user can actually tell if things are indeed working correctly.

3 Likes

I have a technical question. Since we’re now in November, will watching the streams count towards a new set of skins or is there a specific date that’ll cycle them in?

Just saw the update! This month we’re getting Lucio and Torb, good luck everyone!

1 Like

In november the october’s hours are reseted and now are counting for the next two skins.

1 Like

why isnt this pinned anymore?

The pin probably expired, I will ask Josh Nash on how long he set it for. There is no manual entry listed that it was unpinned, so its not like I did anything wrong or anything like that.

1 Like

Anyone get the new Torb skin yet?

1 Like

Going to be slightly too early, broadcast has only been on for six and a half hours.

2 Likes