Overwatch Streaming Rewards Guide & Troubleshooting - CLOSED

For those of you that got it, where are you in the world and which platform?

Ok, at least i know theres a significant delay, im just worried if i watched enough

Firstly, my phone is used for work and other important things, I can’t dedicate a full 8 hour shift to only watching streams on it. I watch this on my PC exclusively after following ALL of the above mentioned prerequisites. But I want to do other things on my PC rather than just let it sit and stream. And if you read Wyoming’s previous post, he suggested us making it our primary focus to troubleshoot.

Secondly, IF YOU READ ANYTHING ABOVE MY POST you’d notice that this is a widespread issue with very little information from Blizzard’s support to troubleshoot or confirm, we’re basically stuck waiting for Wyoming’s updates and replies for information regarding these errors.

Thirdly, I work in the IT field, troubleshooting stuff like this is literally my job, if you assume I haven’t already tried other options then you’re presumptuous and I can’t take anything you say with serious value.

Finally, after reading some of your other posts I can clearly see that you’re just speculating and guessing on everything. You’re not Blizzard support and you don’t have any more information or data than your singular sample pool. I’ll wait for a green or blue post before taking additional actions.

2 Likes

Just remember to keep watching whenever possible, I am expecting there to still be at least another 24 hours of broadcasts from the 29th to the 31st.

I got the sym skin like 5 mins ago, I use an Xbox and I need to have my account linked, I don’t know about pc users, but you need to have your account linked if you use ps4, Xbox, or Nintendo switch or else you don’t get the skins.

Just as an update to everyone, based on what I am seeing here on this thread, elsewhere on the forums, and on Twitter, I am ruling that “drops in general” are working. This means the system from Blizzard’s end is technically functioning today for most users. Granted, I understand some of you are still having troubles, and I want to do everything within my ability to help. Based on the responses from most users the likely issues are:

• Account eligibility - An account must be in good standing (not banned, suspended, or silenced) and in an eligible country (note that most countries are now eligible these days).
  • The web browser has a problem with a cookie or some other form of incompatibility. Again trying to watch from either a different web browser or an incognito window may help. Otherwise please try clearing out the cookies. See my troubleshooting guide in the starting post for exact directions.
  • Resetting Overwatch League Permissions - Revoking the “Overwatch League Page” app permissions at account.blizzard.com/connections and then going back to sign onto PTP Contenders Homepage | Contenders can help.

Again I have to emphasize that I will do everything within my power as a fellow player/viewer/user to help, and I understand its frustrating to try and troubleshoot this because it can take as much as 7 hours to even see if any changes have helped. In the end, I am going to pull what influence with Blizzard to address the user interface level of difficulty (I too want to see a timer or meter type of UI to track progress in the webpage itself). Thanks for your patience everyone!

3 Likes

Yes!!! I just got my Mercy skin :smiley:
That’s a huge relief for me. I guess I can take a break from watching now until November.

Congrats! But I do encourage you to keep watching if you are loving the content.

2 Likes

I got my Symm skins, but Still don’t have Mercy. I have watched more than 20h and nothing.

Brazil
Win 7 64bit
I used Chrome and Firefox…

I’ve tried all of Wyoming’s suggestions, but none of them worked for me

Why hasn’t anyone at Blizzard added a feature to count hours watched or hours remaining? Is this in the works? This would greatly help with troubleshooting issues and general peace of mind for users trying to complete these voluminous viewing hours.

5 Likes

Based on your hour count, my suggestion is to simply keep watching, again I do believe there was some issues with past streams so there is no telling what hours may have actually counted.

1 Like

I got my symm skin almost a week ago, been watching every single game since, and STILL no mercy skin. I’m 100000% certain I’ve watched over 15 hours on a supported browser, in an active window, while logged in, with cache and cookies cleared, with ublock and ghostery disabled, in a valid region(NA), and still nothing. I’ve even tried disconnecting and reconnecting OWL permissions per instructed.

2 Likes

So today I finally got symmetra skins. It’s been days since I hit that mark so a REALLY BAD HUGE delay! I’m glad I got the skins but now I’m waiting on Mercy skins… and I’m even more worried about those since like no one has received them…

Precisely, I was trying to help you and I can only do that with the information I gained from my personal experience with this promotion and from what I’ve read in this thread and the terms of this promotion.

If you don’t care about my advice, that’s fine, but that’s no reason for getting mad at me. I’m sharing my experience for everyone reading this thread since it has also helped me to see what works for other people.

2 Likes

I just got my Mercy! I’m in Canada btw. Thank you everyone and especially Wynoming for helping us as always. Much appreciated champ!

I hope you guys get yours soon. It’s been stressful for sure.

4 Likes

What’s kinda funny, I have yet to earn Mercy, but I might not be doing all of my steps right today (most notably keeping my stream focused in window). But I am not too worried as I have a backup plan I will be putting into action starting tomorrow.

2 Likes

Always glad to help where I can, there are times I wish I could do more for the community.

1 Like

This is such a viewer unfriendly experience with this skin offer. “Just keep watching” is a nice way to further pad stats for viewership while dangling a skin in front of people which may or may not come through.

I’m now well over 20 hours watched, had everything setup including having just the stream tab open and still nothing. Why there’s no info tab in settings either on the website or in game telling you how many hours you’ve watched is beyond me.

I’m like a lot of other people, gotta collect all the skins, but this process is more trouble than it’s worth. Hope the techs dealing with this take onboard the feedback and make it a more viewer friendly experience when it comes to getting these skins.

7 Likes

Exactly the same with me. I’ve done everything that was recommended. Got the sym instantly when I hit 7 hours. Mercy still hasn’t shown up, and it’s upsetting. I hope we get it soon. I’m slowly losing hope

The most frustrating thing is that I got the league tokens for watching OWL… On exactly the same setup. But after hours and hours and hours of watching contenders, not even the Symmetra skin. :frowning:

EDIT: holy smokes… Sym skin just showed up… It’s a miracle! Although how I’m supposed to get another 8+hrs of live stream before the end of Oct for Mercy skin I have no idea :frowning: