Overwatch Streaming Rewards Guide & Troubleshooting - CLOSED

I have also watched on the main site of Overwatch Contenders and I know damn well that I have at least watched more than 10 hours. I saw the entire Australian championship and just now the Chinese one. Still no drops here. Not even Symmetra. I have my account set up and everything. Things to notice is that I do have an adblocker on and I mute the stream cause I do not feel like listening to the commentators. What to do?

1 Like

I too received Symettra but not Mercy. I submitted a ticket and here is the official response:

**Game Master xxxxxxx here ot address your recent ticket. I read that you were wondering if something had gotten snagged with the rewards for watching Overwatch Contenders, since you had received the rewards for Symmetra but not Mercy. I’m sorry that this happened since I’m sure that it was a bit jarring to go through. I wanted to get to the bottom of what could have happened here and dove into investigating it from my side of the screen. **

**Those rewards can take some time to show up after becoming eligible for them and we unfortunately do not have any way of speeding that up from our end. We are not even able to grant them manually since the system determines the eligibility and send the rewards according So, it may just be a matter of waiting it out. **

**I did a refresh of the account just in case to see if that helped. I would recommend posting on the forums for the game as well to see if there is any info there or what others who may have experienced did to resolve the matter. **

I know that this was a mixed bag of an answer but I hope that I could expand on why. I also realize that your time is valuable both inside and outside of the game. So, I appreciate your patience while this ticket was answered. If you have anything else in the future just reach out and let us know.

I know the hours didn’t logged last night but I’m hoping whatever we watched last night is added to our time. I really don’t want to watch another 3-5 hours again.

Hello, I’m JovialW and I’m for sure that I’ve been watching over 7 hours and for some reason I still didn’t get the Contenders skins. Here’s my information:

-Personal Computer
-Windows 10
-Microsoft Edge, then switched to Google Chrome for the China Finals
-USA

Ever since October 15th, I’ve been watching all of the games and after that, I should’ve gotten over 7 hours, but when I turned on the PS4, and looked at the Hero Gallery from the menu screen of Overwatch, I didn’t get anything.

It was the same thing that happened since the start of May from the Overwatch League. I wasn’t even getting tokens 75% of the time and now, I’m not getting the Contenders skin either.

I seriously even tried before the Contenders started of clearing my cookies, using a different Internet, disable and re-enable the Connections, made sure that my PS4 account was connected, watching it from the Contenders Website and not anywhere else and been watching for hours and in the end I still didn’t get any rewards.

I don’t know what do to, especially when I only have the 28th which is the last chance to even get the skins in general. Does anyone have a similar problem like myself and tried certain things to fix it? Please let me know because I don’t want 2021 of League to be the same issue here. Thank you.

1 Like

Heard Chrome was having issues with me so I watched it on Microsoft Edge. At first when i first used it, I wasn’t having problems, but now Edge doesn’t work either. Downloading Firefox as my last resort and possible reable the connections to my Playstation Network.

According to a thread I have seen over on Overwatch Technical Support skins can take up to 48 hours to be credited.
The thread is found here:

1 Like

Let’s hope so. We should have it by Wednesday night in that case.

I’ve now watched 14+ hours, no Sym skin…I never got OWL finals rewards either, and I used the app for that (I did get tokens)

Am I just not going to get any rewards? Ever since you helped me, I’ve 100% been logged in. I don’t understand why it’s not working, and why Blizzard can’t admit the problem is on their end

3 Likes

As for the OWL finals rewards, have you tried the server-changing trick?

Just as a bit of a follow up everyone, Blizzard is aware of the delays/problems. I wish I had more news to share but it will very likely take time for them to fix it.

8 Likes

I’m just hoping it’s a delay and the time I watch counted–I really want the mercy skin. I did mention this in the other guide, but even after all the troubleshooting, the main page player didn’t give me drops for OWL, only the match details page worked (using Firefox/Edge/Opera, PC windows 10), but as there isn’t a match details page for Contenders, I’m a bit edgy :confused:

1 Like

Just want to say that they have also posted on Twitter acknowledging this issue

Hope this gets fixed asap :slight_smile:

6 Likes

let’s just hope this gets fixed before the Mercy skin is gone :roll_eyes:

1 Like

In addition to their tweet, I must also ask everyone’s patience with them as Blizzard’s teams right now are heavily disrupted due to the nearby Silverado Canyon Fire which has required some evacuations in Irvine. There is a chance this issue may take longer than normal (possibly multiple days) to resolve.

In the meantime, be ready to watch the remaining matches from October 28th through October 31st, even if you think you have earned enough hours. This will ensure any issues can be worked around in the long run. Sadly I do not know any more than that, and can’t speculate how or what they will do to ensure everyone earns the rewards, but based on my past experience, I know they will work to get everyone fixed up in the long run.

11 Likes

Oh… That sounds terrible!
Hope nothing bad happens to anyone.
:worried:

Update: I still haven’t received anything up to now.

Thanks Wyoming you’re a saint for helping out!

1 Like

Noticed the edited “Notice!” about the skins not dropping on the last two broadcasts, which are the only broadcasts I fully “watched”. Pretty sure I have over 10 hours worth of time watched and don’t have Sym’s skins. Please let the fix be soon~ I want me Mercy’s skins when I get the hours, ahaha

4 Likes

agreed. they should do this because it’s their system that bugged, not our machines. i have watched koreans and china vodcast using firefox and i making sure i left the main window on contenders when i left my PC, and no symmetra skin even though i’m sure i already watched more than 7 hours. (the china vodcast is around 5-6 hrs, i think).

i’m not sure even if i watched the rest of this month contenders i can get the mercy skin if the system still bugged.

they should make a timer on their website to show how much time has passed since our last viewing so we can capture screen and show video evidence.

3 Likes

Apparently they are finding that it’s mainly the Chinese and Korean stream not working towards drops from what I found